Happy Goblin Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys

Here's a bit of an update on how the brewery is going for anyone whose interested.

Firstly, I've added another stockist in Rhodes. They're having a tasting there on 27th of October, I'll be there, more details to come, or check my website for updates.

Everything is going well with the brewing. We drank one of the first kegs of strong ale the other night, and it went down very well. It should be in bottles soon hopefully. I haven't brewed for a couple of weeks though because I got a bit excited a couple of months ago brewed a bit much for a while. Stocks are returning to a sensible level now, so I'll start brewing again in a week, after a climbing trip to Victoria.

I may be putting a blog type thing up on my site in the next few weeks or months, for those that are interested in updates on how it's going. We'll see how it goes.

COLIN

Hi Colin , dropped into the Galston road to sus out the H.G brew , only had the pale ale
3.9, but was assured the strong ale would be in stock (bottled) within
the next 2 to 3 weeks ,look forward to sampling that one ,every success in your bold
venture .
Brunt.

Colin

I saw your front page add in the local rag the other day. Next time I go past Jims or the bottle shop on Galston road I'll pick up a few.

Cheers
Dave

Hey guys

So I turned up to Shorty's Liquor on Sunday, with a car full of beer to give away, and it turns out the beer tasting thing was on Saturday. I blame daylight saving for getting me mixed up. Sorry if anyone came along hoping to find me there... hopefully you got to try some other good beers while you were there, apparently it was a great day, pity I missed it.

Anyway, there's a wine tasting there this coming Saturday (3rd November) and they've asked me to come back so I'll be there for sure this time, and I'll sort out a discount for anyone from the forum who comes along to make up for any trouble I may have caused by. :)

COLIN

Managed to snag a 5 pack (someone had taken one bottle out of the 6 pack and that's all they had left) of the Strong Ale at Jims Cellars over the weekend. Quite nice, much bigger and maltier than the Pale Ale. Keep up the good work Colin! :)

I shared a 6 pack of the pale with a mate last weekend at a BBQ. Not bad at all. It was probably a mistake to try it after my English IPA as it did overwhelm it slightly but the 6 bottles went down with no problem at all.

Next time I'm passing a stockist I'll pick up some of the strong and give that a go.

Cheers
Dave

BTW - did you have any trouble getting a license given that your setup is pretty basic?

Was in Aldent Wines in Hornsby Heights on Sunday and, after a bit of a chat with the bloke working there, managed to get my filthy hands on the Happy Goblin Dark ale. Very nice indeed, smooth, mildly roasted, clean overall character.
Also got a bottle of the newest batch of Pale Ale, which is nicer (and a bit stronger) than the previous ones i've tried.
Keep up the good work Colin!

I had the Happy Goblin Pale a few weeks ago, from Worldbeers at Northmead Cellars.

Beer was fantastic, I wish it was more readily available. I will be buying again whenever I can find it again.

Happy_Goblin_Pale_Ale.JPG

Found warners at the bar bottle shop has 3 different verities of this guys beer at the moment. I was intrigued with the hand written style and ABV, it made me think homebrew.

Just grabbed a couple of bottles of the pale from crowsnest!
I grew up in Asquith so looking forward to sampling these while watching the footy tomorrow night!

I saw a car near Sydney Uni today with 'Happy Goblin Brewery' plastered over the back window & thought "Ohhh what have we got here?" Looked up the website on my phone, and then swung by Annandale on my way home and picked up a couple of pale ales.

AA++ Will buy again! Keen to give the others a go too..

Awesome to see someone with such a small setup going commercial! Doe he really bottle these by hand? I hate bottling enough just for my own supplies! :blink:

EDIT: Actually, looking at the restaurants. This man has good taste not just in beer. Blancmange & Berowra waters are both sensational. Ive heard great things about Arras and it's on my list too.... and my mate runs the Clarendon hotel in Newy! :)

I saw a car near Sydney Uni today with 'Happy Goblin Brewery' plastered over the back window & thought "Ohhh what have we got here?" Looked up the website on my phone, and then swung by Annandale on my way home and picked up a couple of pale ales.

AA++ Will buy again! Keen to give the others a go too..

Awesome to see someone with such a small setup going commercial! Doe he really bottle these by hand? I hate bottling enough just for my own supplies! :blink:

EDIT: Actually, looking at the restaurants. This man has good taste not just in beer. Blancmange & Berowra waters are both sensational. Ive heard great things about Arras and it's on my list too.... and my mate runs the Clarendon hotel in Newy! :)

I bought a few of there beers a while back, hard to remember them now but the stout was pretty intense. I have a strong ale stored away at home.

Back