Happiness is...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SergeMarx

Reaction score
happiness is scoring a bar fridge for free to ferment my beer

sadness is finding none of my fermenters fit

happiness is working out two 10 litre cubes fit

PITA is splitting the batch and yeast between 2 cubes

but contentment is, two merrily fermenting cubes, snug in the fridge at 18C

Have you tried the 25 Ltr water cubes from Bunnings? They are nice and square and fit my little bar fridge perfectly

Yes, no good. It has the compressor in a hump at the bottom, and the way the door is molded also gets in the way. No worries though, I'll just start brewing 9 litre batches and increase the turnover.

Happiness is scoring a free ticket to see Eddie Vedder live. And yes, it was awesome.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Tapatalk.

stienberg said:
Happiness is scoring a free ticket to see Eddie Vedder live. And yes, it was awesome.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Tapatalk.
Happiness would have been losing that ticket ;)

Free Eddie!

nice one! A fine ukulele player :)

more happiness... given a stainless fowlers preserving urn - just asked on a free stuff facebook page and hey presto! Anyone else out there using on these as a BIAB urn?

Happiness is drinking my freshly-kegged and carb'd stout sitting on the couch and watching the Canada/Sweden gold medal hockey game!! GO CANADA GOOO!!!

bradsbrew said:
I'd be ripping the molding of the door and replacing it with a bit of ply.
I did this but used a piece sheet of tin as it's what I had lying around.

Got the fridge fairly cheap, it does have a hump where the compressor sits but with the door lining replaced it fits a 30L fermenter just fine.

As well as this, I can either fit a 10L cube or 3 x 3L plastic bottles (for cider experiments)...

The refrigeration plate was in a freezer section, so I removed all the shelving and lined the top with a matt so I can age cheese up there a few degrees cooler than the rest of the fridge.

SergeMarx said:
PITA is splitting the batch and yeast between 2 cubes

but contentment is, two merrily fermenting cubes, snug in the fridge at 18C
Happiness is the perfect opportunity to experiment with two different yeasts on the same wort (& have yeast left over to try another experiment) :)

Happiness is hitting my numbers and having a stress-free brew day!

Happiness is when friends have my beer and say they really enjoy it so pour themselves another.

Happiness is when the minister of finance lets me buy all the shit I want.

Sadness is having to work to earn money.

Sad moments outweigh the happy ones. :(

Happiness is NOT hearing the lamentation of women.

I don't recall crushing any enemies ?….

Back