Hansa Pils

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobH

Reaction score
I'm making my way through a case of Hansa Pils at the moment (I know the bottles are thin, but I like bottling in 500ml)... anyway, as I am drinking them I naturally start to try and define the flavours I am tasting ... and realise I am pretty bad at defining flavours ... it's a bit like art... don't know much about it but I know what I like :)

Knowing what I am tasting will probbly come with more experience with brewing, but is anyone able to help me out with what they rekon, or know a Hansa Pils is made from? And how they would define the flavour?

Being a Pilsner, I would guess they used a Pilsner malt ... but not ever having used a Pilsner malt in any of my brews I can't say with any certainty .. and same goes with Saaz Hops ... you'd think a Pilsner would probbly use Saaz, but I have never used Saaz, so I have nothing to compare to.

I did a bit of a search on this forum & can't see any recipe that refers to a similarity with Hansa Pils

It's a Bavarian Pils, not a Bohemian, so don't use it to pick out Czech hops :)

Latest posts

Back