Hacker-pschorr Kellebier

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiscoStu

Reaction score
Tried a Hacker-Pschorr Kellebier at the Bavarian Bier Cafe the other day and really enjoyed. Its bottle conditioned and apparently the brewery has their own unique yeast strain which I think could be cultured from the bottle.

Anyone made this style of beer before? I would be interested in making something like it using their yeast from the bottle.

Cheers Stu

Tried a Hacker-Pschorr Kellebier at the Bavarian Bier Cafe the other day and really enjoyed. Its bottle conditioned and apparently the brewery has their own unique yeast strain which I think could be cultured from the bottle.

Anyone made this style of beer before? I would be interested in making something like it using their yeast from the bottle.

Cheers Stu

i had one of these last friday at the bavarian beer cafe, and all i tasted was mothballs,

it had a distinct taste of napthalene

i asked 2 bar staff to try it, to see if it is supposed to taste like that, and they said yes, but they were not convincing

no refund, the beer got tipped

just wondering if anyone has tried this beer and tasted what i tasted, or did i just get a dud bottle ?

Latest posts

Back