H2 Blue Pine And Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew9242

Reaction score
Ok i work in te building industry, and we only use the H2 blue pine now. For those of you who have never seen or used this stuff, it's pine treated for termites and to make it look treated they die it blue. Now if you work with this stuff all day you will get blue hands. My problem is when i get home i wash my hands about 4 times and still can't get rid off it all. Come to cleaning some fermenters or the such and wow to my surprise all the blue shit comes off my hands now. Little annoying cause you don't want contaminate the beer. Does anyone else have this proble?

Not a problem I have but might I suggest that you wash your hands with whatever you are using to clean your brewing gear with?
Will save you some soap and water too.
Cheers
Nige

Well thats the thing, most of the time after work i am just rinsing stuff out ready to get a soak of PBW. And thats all it needs is some hot water and it comes off. Even though i wash me hands with hot water and soap.

Latest posts

Back