GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When its happened to me I lift the end of the helix with my measuring stick and give it a bit of a shake that has fixed it, not on the first shake I have had to do it a couple of times, because you never whirl pooled as well could have been a problem.
When I am doing no sparge I fill up, to whatever is required put in the salt additions and when its coming up to dough in temperature run off a few litres add the grain and top back up. If your still putting the bazooka on the top of the overflow keep a close eye on the handle holes, that it doesn't overflow down there. Turn the tap down so the recirculating wort keeps steady then turn the tap back up gradually still keeping an eye on the handle holes, gets heavy to lift the basket out doesn't it:)

When its happened to me I lift the end of the helix with my measuring stick and give it a bit of a shake that has fixed it, not on the first shake I have had to do it a couple of times, because you never whirl pooled as well could have been a problem.
When I am doing no sparge I fill up, to whatever is required put in the salt additions and when its coming up to dough in temperature run off a few litres add the grain and top back up. If your still putting the bazooka on the top of the overflow keep a close eye on the handle holes, that it doesn't overflow down there. Turn the tap down so the recirculating wort keeps steady then turn the tap back up gradually still keeping an eye on the handle holes, gets heavy to lift the basket out doesn't it:)

Yeah, I lost the basket yesterday, slipped out of the holes and I splashed some wort over the side but probably no more than 200ml, theres not a lot of room for error with the handle.

Hi Leyther, my last brew the helix blocked after alt 30 seconds of flow. I tried lifting it re-whirlpooling letting it settle then tried again, same thing. Then I put my plastic spoon in between the vessel wall and the helix to make it flex toward the middle. Then it drained clear in a couple of minutes.

Guineas Stout brew day no sparge (and not Guinness)
Volume as much as possible, up to the handle holes.
003.JPG
Start the boil under the hood.
006.JPG
A good vigorous boil
004.JPG
After the boil was over.
008.JPG
Helix does its thing.
009.JPG

brew day from HELL! not only did the pump get blocked, but the run off tap also.
I blew air back through the pipes in the hope it would clear it but i ended up having to "scoop"it out by hand with a measuring cup. lets hope it does not get infected but i wont be suppried if it does. I used the hop spider also so not sure why it happened.... not happy

The bottom of my malt pipe flexed and the contents went into the kettle while lifting it out on the weekend. Only had 9.5kg of grain in it too.

While it was a bit messy I was able to recover by scooping it all out into the re-assembled malt pipe and pouring it all back through, also I hadn't yet sparged so the amount of wort wasn't crazy, still hit target volume and og :)

Anyone else had this pleasure yet? I really don't feel I did anything to deserve that besides try to get the feet aligned when lifting it out, and that bottom filter is rather flimsy compared to the GF.

Never had it but then again I don't have the 50 litre, though I do 'no sparge' and it is full to the brim and bloody heavy, I have had the whole malt pipe fall through though when I pushed to hard on the top plate.

Thanks a bunch! looking into this system but it's a lot to dig through :) Appreciate all the hard work and trials from everyone.

Hi Duran, it definitely will work. Somebody actually already did it. Check this out:

Anyone bought a Guten recently? A member of our club has sent off an email as a purchase order but has not had a reply as yet.

Anyone bought a Guten recently? A member of our club has sent off an email as a purchase order but has not had a reply as yet.

Not sure they are doing individual sales anymore, looks like KK might be looking to sell them so maybe they reluctant to engage direct

I don't know if the negotiations with KK are stalling but if they do I will consider bringing in a container as a bulk buy. I would like the 50 litre, so if there is enough interest for either a 40 or 20 foot container, as they only have accreditation for EU will also have to check the legality of a bulk buy. But if we are buying as individuals it shouldn't be a problem. Will check when I get back.

OK so a 20 foot container will fit 170 pieces of the 50 litre unit, it has the hop timer, recipe memory, and 8 function mash schedule. The price is $189 US and it is a 3 Kw unit which is variable.
Landed price should come in around $300 Australian, I have a factory which is currently rented out but I am able to unload in the car park and the tenant says he will find some room at no cost.
Just have to check the legality of the units not being certified with Australia, though it is legal to buy and bring in electrical goods for ones own use without certification, just have to make sure a bulk buy covers this.

Hi WEAL - can I just confirm is that 50L final volume? If note, how much wort do you get after a brew?

Back