Quantcast

GUTEN

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Keg King

AHB Sponsor
AHB Sponsor
Reaction score
Just wondering what wattage does everyone mash at? I was mashing at 1000 to 1200 and now hear of people mashing at 200w. Thoughts?
All kind of depends on your batch size, ambient temps, whether or not you use an insulation jacket and mash thickness. You'll find a good spot where you can maintain the temp with the lid on recirculating and then adjust the power. Some brewers do the sacrification rest without recirculating after seating the mash. Most prefer to recirculate though out the process up until preboil.

golfandbrew

Reaction score
Just wondering what wattage does everyone mash at? I was mashing at 1000 to 1200 and now hear of people mashing at 200w. Thoughts?
Been a while since I checked my settings but I'm pretty sure mine is set at 1200 or 1500. I do heat my strike water at max though. I tried as high as 1800 for the maah and thought that was a bit much. Interested to hear what others are doing.

kadmium

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
I heat at 2500w then drop to 1000w unless it's a big grain bill or I'm mashing high. That's using a jacket.

Fro-Daddy

Reaction score
I put the jacket on my 70L tonight, very snug fit. I had to loosen the recirculation pipe to get it on.
Would be a pain to remove when chilling.

Reaction score
I mash at 1700 watt, checking the temperature coming out of the return pipe it was 2 to 3 C lower than indicated on the screen. Also started checking the temperature against the screen for each brew, and re calibrating, a few brews ago it was out by 3 C the 60 litre Hop Cat was 5 C out. Not a big deal to check when setting up for a brew.
Also secured the bottom screen into position, twice it has lifted, well it won't lift now.

Latest posts