Greetings from Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boyracer

Reaction score
Morning All.

I have enjoyed Coopers sparkling ale since forever but last year or so I've been hanging with the craft brew crowd and tasted some other pretty decent beers.
Money is tight though with 3 kids and study so outings to wheaty, Bierhaus, etc are few and far between.

I bought my first couple of kits from brewcraft...1st was a uni project! Got a D for a porter i made, bottled and labelled as a project on botanicals (humulus lupulus).
Tasted good enough. From there i have made my own kits ( $$$) and tend towards ale/porter/stouts though i made a quite acceptable 'lager' outside last winter.
I have now done about 14 or so kit 'n' kilo brews all with steeped grains and hop teas.
A thrifty brew friend with 250 + brews told me to use home brand draught as a base/malt cos its hop profile is pretty lame and can be overwritten easily.

At the moment i have a 'Brooklyn lager' style with vienna malts/cascade hops/saf 4 and two cans of draught as malt. tasted good out of primary, FG was ~1015. Mmmmm,malty.

Should i ditch some of the malt content and use some dextrose?
I haven't made a bad brew yet according to friends but i thought i'd join up and get more technical brewing experience in the mix. Most of my brews are a bit of this n that.

Any Adelaide brewers want to swap a bottle or 3 of theirs for mine and share experiences?

You only got a D for your brew? Maybe they were hoping for Gin?

Oh nevermind. D = Distinction right? I was thinking back to high school where D was for Dickhead essentially (I got plenty).

Well done.

I reckon they were savvy blanc drinkers myself. :rolleyes:
Yeah, the first subject i studied i got a D for first paper and was miffed until missus told me it was Distinction... its been 25 years since i went to school!

Latest posts

Back