Green Beacon Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
Heres a link to the facebook page.
GBB
This joint looks like the real deal, and I'd much rather oggle at stainless tanks than what passes for entertainment on the box theses days.
The menu, heavy on local produce, sounds great - particularly if seafood is your thing.
Looking foward to sampling the range of beers soon.
The bar looks perfect for carrier landings BTW <_<

Yes, another fine choice on the 199/City Glider bus route...

Yep, looking very forward to this one... Might have to invest in a unit in the Vally area for all the days in the doghouse... Maybe we can get an AHB Bulk Investment happening... $50k each and some fold-out beds for all the drunks...

;)

I totally read the topic as Bacon, must be hungry.

I love looking at shiny stainless steel vessels when drinking. I would like to go if I travel up that direction.

Hmm, looks like they've run into some NIMBY's. Hopefully they'll get the nod without onerous conditions being applied.

I'd say very hungry if the idea of green bacon still made you happy.
thishsit.jpg

Any news if this joint has opened yet? Heading back home over Xmas so keen to check out the new beer venues that opened after I left. Tipplers Tap for example, that place is going to get a few visits to make sure everything is working ok.

nah not yet but they must be close! their last book of faces update was a picture of pitching some yeast !!! think it was about a week ago ....
so there brewing but no word on bar openning yet , guese they will only serve their own , so hopefully the first is a wheat and ready next weekend !

sounds like they have had a few shit fights with red tape yadda yadda yadda

there are quite a few good bars these days man , seems like a new one opens every other week ! heard a rumour that the embassy hotel (near the stock exchange and victory ) is soon to be converted to a craft beer bar !! mid next year though :(

They are hiring kitchen staff right now, probably mid Jan. Looks really good though, even got a growler station - must get down for a sneak peek.

It is an amazing setup, proper brew pork to watch whilst you are enjoying a schooner or 3...
Can't wait until they throw the doors open to the public... (I have already been inside and had a good look at the gear, great setup. Mash tun and HLT are in the same vessel!)

Any news if this joint has opened yet?

I know that they were commissioning the gear last week as I sold them the yeast and know the guys doing the install.

It is a superb brewhouse capable of churning out lots of great beer.

So give them a few weeks to condition the beers and iron out the wrinkles with the brewhouse and they will be in business.

We also sold them heaps of kegs so I would expect that their beers will be on tap everywhere.

Good times ahead.

Dave

Will have to wait for the next visit then. Will whittle away my northside time at Tipplers Tap and the Scratch. Cheers for the replies.

Awesome bar, all that bling and beer to drink while you look at it.

Yeah, cant wait for this place to open. Meanwhile, Tipplers Tap and Bitter Suite are great places nearby. And I hear of another brewery setting up too on the next block from Tipplers ... Newstead Brewing?

Back