Green Beacon Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The view from the piss trough:

image.jpg

How was the beer Liam? Anything outstanding? Anything just ordinary?

Had the pale, amber, porter & IPA.

All were excellent beers. Amber ale was particularly delicious, could sit on that all night.

I really liked the Amber as well, even the wheat was pretty good - the food is a bit overpriced though.
Lots of stainless bling, really liked the layout - a welcome addition to Brisbanes good beer bars.

Tried them all and they were all good with the amber, wheat and IPA being the pick of our group, and the pale being the weakest of the 7. Good fit out, food good but pricey, snacks good but pricy. Good crowd in and A good afternoon to be had. Get on down. My 2c.

We didnt bother with the food after paying $8 for a small hand full of biltong (more like jerky). Cenveniently located to tipplers tap if you want a real feed.

Finally made it to Green Beacon on week-end.

Thought the wheat and the porter were the pick of the beers. Both top quality. Bit disappointed in the amber. Kolsch was ok, the lbf seasonal ipa was a nice drop.

Agree that the food is overpriced. Still it's early days.

A welcome addition to Brissie's beer venues.

Has anyone been here lately? I dropped in soon after it opened, awesome setup, beer was ok. Is it worth a revisit?

They had a permanent-looking randall going when we popped in for the pub crawl a few weeks ago, fresh flowers in it at the time although I've seen on faeces book recently that they've run the porter through coffee beans. Could be worth a gander, there's always tipplers around the corner.

No Randal when I turned up at Teneriffe in late March via the bus but recall the Anchor Amber Ale being the No 1 standout & the Windjammer IPA No2 to my tastes.
TTBOMM the Kolsch was a little dry but quite enjoyable/drinkable as were the others. Didn't have a go at the wheat that day.
Wasn't too happy to find out that you can't just rock up with an empty growler & expect a refill unless the growler you supply is one of their own. ^_^
All in all a great place to spend an hour or two before doing the bus /train thingo back to the Sunshine Coast.\
I'll be going back ASAP.

I was there on Saturday last week and they had a pale mild made with Nelson Sauvin running through fresh Victoria Secret hops in the 'hop bouy' as they call it.
Really nice and 3% or so. I could have drunk many of them.
The amber and the windjammer are still my favourite.

bconnery said:
I was there on Saturday last week and they had a pale mild made with Nelson Sauvin running through fresh Victoria Secret hops in the 'hop bouy' as they call it.
Really nice and 3% or so. I could have drunk many of them.
The amber and the windjammer are still my favourite.
Your alive Ben! Which reminds me haven't done anything with Bramling Cross for a while.

Rowy said:
Your alive Ben! Which reminds me haven't done anything with Bramling Cross for a while.
:icon_offtopic: An amber malt accented bitter around 4% Rowy ;)

Cool I'll have to pop in next time im at tippler's, I was hearing good things about the IPA the other day...

Latest posts

Back