Great Intercontinental Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our latest update:
In this update:
Overview
T-shirts
Sample invitation for your friends/forums
Plans for Melbourne, Australia
Current List of Venues

Ok folks time for an update I think things are still moving pretty slowly we are currently up to 3 CONTINENTS 7 COUNTRIES 12 CITIES 38 VENUES
A full list is at the bottom of this message.

So pretty clearly we are need of some help to get the remaining continents on board normally Africa is a big contributor but we need help in all the other places too time is really running out, especially if we are going to do t-shirts [more on this later] so please do you best to get people involved.

In addition to the forums at:
http://www.pyssedas.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=13
There is the facebook page at:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=73794510015

T-shirts:
Similarly the plan on the t-shirts is behind schedule at the moment we know there is currently a big contingent from Brisbane who are keen for them but we havent really heard from other people if you want a shirt please let us know then we can get an idea of what price we can do them for.

Invite your friends:
For those of you who want to invite your friends but dont have time to write something feel free to cut and paste this into an email or to post on a forum

For those of you who have not been a part of it before the short version of what goes on is this:
The most basic information you need to know is that the GIPC is free to participate in, open to anyone wherever they live in the world, and that through your participation you will meet [online at least] some most excellent people.

The plan goes like this on Saturday May 30th 2009, people all around the world will go bar/pub crawling as best they can. In 2007 we had 143 venues in 66 cities in 16 countries on all 7 terrestrial continents participating! In 2008 we had 7 CONTINENTS 12 COUNTRIES 49 CITIES 152 VENUES
You might want to crawl with your normal drunken mates or use this as opportunity to meet people from online brewing forums in your area etc. Some places even use the opportunity to raise funds for local charities.

So what do you do if you want to be more involved?

Well first of all tell us the name of city & country you are crawling in then when you work out what bars/pubs/houses/gutters you will be in tell us that too!

The easiest way to tell us is by mailing us at [email protected]
If you want to be more involved come over to the crawl forum at:
http://www.pyssedas.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=13

Plans for Melbourne:
The crawl in Melbourne [its home town] has always been a little different to elsewhere and this year is no exception.

The focus of the crawl will be the Flemington & Kensington Bowls club drinking from about 4 pm. This provides an opportunity for those that are keen to crawl to the venue starting at whatever time they think appropriate Im happy to put people in touch with each other but wont directly organise that.

Meanwhile for those with a creative bent sections of the Bowls Club hall will be available for decorating as your favourite overseas venue [preferably on this or from past crawls but let your imagination go!] from about noon onwards. The more creative the better, with a base venue hopefully this means it is a little easier for people to come and go if they cant stay for the whole day it would be great to have every continent represented please contact me if you [and or a little team] want to take responsibility for some space.

Approx 7pm we have lined up a special guest to perform a show for us. This person really is a guest and really is special [not just my dog in a hat]. Jen & I paid $35 a ticket to see him recently but it wont cost attendees anything. Those who are helping to decorate the hall can find out in advance who it is the rest of you will have to wait for the surprise

As the 30th is FA Cup Final night we will then settle in to watch the match on the big screen a contribution [probably around $10] to pay for the bar staff for the night would be appreciated given that we are keeping them back later than they would normally work.

I know this is a bit different to previous years but hopefully it allows people to make the crawl what they want it to be! As ever further suggestions and questions are most welcome.

AUSTRALASIA
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
* Brisbane Brewing Company
* Breakfast Creek Hotel
* Booroodabin Bowls Club
* The Jubilee Hotel
* Step Inn
* Elephant & Wheelbarrow
* RGs
* The Mustang
* Empire
* Bar 388
* The Brunswick Hotel

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
* Kalumunda Pub
* Carnegies

Dunedin, New Zealand

EUROPE
Maria Alm, Austria
* dAlmhuettn
* Dengl Alm
* Chilli Bar

Wielset, Germany,
* Datscha Rockhouse

Cardiff, Wales

NORTH AMERICA
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
* Rogers Centre
* Air Canada Centre

Alaska, USA

Maine, USA
* The Old Goat, Richmond
* The Depot, Gardiner
* The Wharf, Hallowell
* Higher Grounds, Hallowell
* The Liberal Cup, Hallowell

Denver, Colorado, USA
* Wymans #5
* Rockyard
* Next Door Bar
* Brannigans Pub

Plainsville, New York
Renton, Washington, USA
* Dog & Pony Alehouse
* Touchdowns Sports Bar
* Loves Landing Tavern
* Finnegans Irish Pub
* The Redhouse
* Armondos Caf Italiano
* Whistlestop Ale House
* D.C.s Bar & Grill
* Williams St Tavern
* Beachcomber Tavern

Hi everyone theres a new pub crawl update out today check it out at the usual places or mail us at [email protected] to get a copy. In short though we have welcomed England, Germany, Scotland, South Africa to the crawl this week. T-shirt preparations are well under way. If you want your part of the crawl included on the shirt you will need to let us know by Sunday [4th May].

Preparations for the almanac [our free souvenir booklet which we distribute to crawlers] are also underway this relies heavily on people around the world contributing photos, pictures of where they will crawling, descriptions of past crawls, pictures of haughty flagons hell pretty much anything at all if youre planning to crawl please help us out with this!

cheers

Hi everyone theres a new pub crawl update out today check it out at the usual places or mail us at [email protected] to get a copy. In short though we have welcomed England, Germany, Scotland, South Africa to the crawl this week. T-shirt preparations are well under way. If you want your part of the crawl included on the shirt you will need to let us know by Sunday [4th May].

Preparations for the almanac [our free souvenir booklet which we distribute to crawlers] are also underway this relies heavily on people around the world contributing photos, pictures of where they will crawling, descriptions of past crawls, pictures of haughty flagons hell pretty much anything at all if youre planning to crawl please help us out with this!

cheers
Your site has an update of 2007? I think I may be late for this one.What date is this years.
GB

Your site has an update of 2007? I think I may be late for this one.What date is this years.
GB

Saturday 30th May this year - if you dig into the forums at our site you'll find more - but im happy to explain here what is happening too lol - are forums arent what they once were

Saturday 30th May this year - if you dig into the forums at our site you'll find more - but im happy to explain here what is happening too lol - are forums arent what they once were
Ok I will get some crew together for this one in Perth.I will have to start a new thread for Perth/Fremantle.I notice there is some thing in Kalamunda , this is a bit out of the way for the crew here.We can cover more ground if we start and finish in Fremantle.Any interest ?
GB

GB we are still getting over our minny one on Saturday... is Greg going to lead the way? sorry bad joke!

GB we are still getting over our minny one on Saturday... is Greg going to lead the way? sorry bad joke!
Yeah but this one will kick ass! T shirts , some sort of direction and knowing we will not be the only people in the world falling over! and Greg can be at the "head" of the long march.
GB

Not sure if Lloydie and I can do this, its a week after we come back from Melbourne!

but will try

Just a quick note to let people know that there has been a strong response from South Africa in the last 48 hours [making them the crawlingest country in the world] and taking us to 66 venues in 27 cities in 10 countries crawling on Saturday 30th.

Time is running out [you have till this Sunday] to let us know where you will be drinking if you want to appear on the t-shirts!

As ever feel free to ask questions!
Cheers
Dave

Few changes to the Brisbane leg.
I've been called by a mate from The Shafston hotel, who requested I include it in the crawl. He offered a swag of free food, and the ferry sounds exciting; so I have obliged.

the new list is:
*Brisbane Brewing Co. at 10am
Breakfast Creek
Booroodabin Bowls Club
(ferry to) Oxford 152
(ferry to) The Shafston Hotel
The Elephant and Wheelbarrow
RGs
The Mustang
Empire
Bar 388
The Brunswick Hotel

*$10 for a beer/s, sausage and bread! address is 6 Park st, Albion. Call me for details: 0405418432 may arrange some mass travel.

The 2010 Pub Crawl is fast approaching. GIPC '10 This is the international event page, write in with details of your local crawls!

Latest posts

Back