Great Deal On Quaffing Glasses

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I sip from my lovely Pokal glass on a sunny Sunday afternoon, my heart goes out to you blokes :p

I can already hear the cries of "Ah bite ya bum, Jase".

Seriously, while they were good value, it wasn't exceptional. Just because they were German-Made doesn't mean they're made any better than chinese imports - I'll tell you now, they're not.

I've picked up other really nice glasses (wine, highballs, etc) in the past for around the equivalent price if you factor in the postage. For those in Sydney, keep an eye out at DFO (Homebush Bay, Underwood Rd), there's two stores there that often have really great deals on glassware. Not worth a special trip, but if you're out that way, pop in and take a look.

Just got the same call :(

OK Jase, you got the thicker walled ones. I suggest that the pilsner ones are of exceptional quality, thin, delicate and ring like a bell. I am pissed not to have received either glasses nor return communications.

Nah mine sing like a virgin choir ! My comment about the quality is based on where the glass has been joined. There's quite a ridge on the stems. Really not a big deal, but it's not Waterford Crystal :)

Well I'm just a little pissed off. Had a phonecall from Vic Basement saying that they are no longer able to supply these glasses and as such my order has been cancelled. I asked if they were going to get any more in and why its taken this long and she mumbled on about the rep giving them wrong info <_<

So there disappears 48 glasses I was really looking forward to getting. Turns out the deal was too good to be true!

Envious off all you people who have recieved them!
+1

Nah mine sing like a virgin choir ! My comment about the quality is based on where the glass has been joined. There's quite a ridge on the stems. Really not a big deal, but it's not Waterford Crystal :)

OK I was out of line there. I noticed that when I bought mine, but my eyes have since glazed over to that defect... maybe because it is the last chain of command in delivering ethanol to my brain. I apologise and withdraw the remark. They are nice, and crystal, but not amazing.

Hmm, was the phone call people received from a mobile number? I had a missed call Sunday, checked my credit card and looks like i've been hit with $$$ by them.

I had a missed call from a Sydney number and she left a voicemail.

Think I'll ignore the voicemail and see what happens, maybe call back in a few days chasing this up.

Really annoying as I've told heaps of people about them haha.

Looks like they didn't charge me, looking at online banking.

They did send me an invoice via email though.

If only I could claim glasses as a tax deduction! The invoice would equal free money.

Mine arrived today too. Good deal for $21 delivered (I got the Pokal).

exactly the same...$21 delivered is quite nice for 12 glasses (pity they only hold 250ml, but I don't really mind - 3 glasses from a long neck)

My dishwasher girlfriend breaks glasses like crazy....so I won't get too upset when she starts breaking these ones...nice and cheap

I ordered mine a week ago. I received an invoice by email but not sure if ive been billed or not.
I havent received a phone call however. Im in nsw..Does this mean ill still get them

I spoke to 'Cashmere' today. Sadly I wont be seeing my glasses either. She told me that they don't have a quantatity checker on their website and having had these glasses discounted for almost 12 months were not ready for such high sales.

LOL, AHB members blew up trheir inventory system. Perhaps in future they should notify us ASAP if they have cheap beer glasses for sale.

They'll now try and order in 10x the amount they had in stock, thinking they'll get the same response. Too many ahb'ers will be annoyed and won't order and they'll be stuck wondering why there is no interest now :p

Wonder if I'll get a call - or if I'll sit here in limbo

I ordered a bunch of other stuff too

Can't understand having an online shop that's not linked into your inventory

I've give them a call tomorrow

Cheers

Edit: At least they've taken the glasses off the website

I sent an upset email yesterday because I had no return communication after 2 weeks.

An email returned saying "out of stock" - to which I replied that I would wait impatiently til they are in stock.

5 mins ago received a frenetic phonecall (possibly stressed with AHB orders) saying there is a different glass somewhere that she can swap them with and would send in a few days...

I thought I'd share so others can have a stab at something similar. They should control their stock better if they are placing items online.

Merry Christmas V.B. from AHB!

Latest posts

Back