Great Australasian Beer SpecTAPular

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, going to the first session on Friday. Looking forward to it.

Anyone else heading to the first session tomorrow? I will be there with a couple of mates.

nah going sunday but post up here how it is. I cant bloody wait!

Somebody on the forum wrote it was quieter on friday night so that's when I'm heading in!

I'm heading in sat night....don't know how fun it will be that packed but anyway, still gonna be great. Yeah the Friday arvo session is meant to be a lot quieter, i think i read that they kind of test run everything then try and get ready for the bigger sessions.
Did read the list of beers and must say I was a little disappointed with the lack of some styles but anyway what can you do. Hope everyone has a great time

I've drawn up my plan of attack...can't just rock up unprepared, you know ! Lighter styles, then Hoppy styles, then Dark/Strong styles. All cross referenced by what's available at bars 1&2 and 3&4. GEEK !!

Lots of barrel aged stuff this year. And probably 70% of the 91 beers are 6abv+, wobbly time !

Oh, and no.51 Old Salt Brewing's Orange Porter is scratched apparently.

My plan of attack is to walk in as doors open sunday and drink until I can't feel feelings anymore

I'm surprised that there aren't more Sours. Only one, as far as I can see, and Berliner Weiss brewed by White Rabbit. I thought they only brewed two beers ;-).

Some Barrel Aged beers I'm looking to try as well.

There are 14 of us going Sat night....
Was supposed to volunter last year and go Sat night but her indoors dropped a carving knife on her foot and severed a tendon...
This year Mum is in ICU...maybe im cursed
Ferg

doon said:
My plan of attack is to walk in as doors open sunday and drink until I can't feel feelings anymore
All the volunteer bar staff have been very well versed in the RSA,please pace yourself so they don't have to refuse service.Have fun,but be responsible.

Hahaha oh jeez. Dont worry about me mate.

So I am guessing that are better trained then last year as sunday last year there were quite the number of drunkards around

At the event now trying to assign usernames to faces!

Some fantastic beers here, really delicious, even my girlfriend has found one she likes.

Is it me or does craft beer also attract a lot of arseholes?

Informed by Blue Sky Brewery that 'we've never been able to calculate the IBU of our IPA'. Interesting!

Also found out the hops in Feral Brewers Hop Hog has Cascade, Cirra and Centeniel hops. Did I do good? Is this new info? Or does everyone already know this?

esssee said:
I'm surprised that there aren't more Sours. Only one, as far as I can see, and Berliner Weiss brewed by White Rabbit. I thought they only brewed two beers ;-).
Some Barrel Aged beers I'm looking to try as well.
There were plenty of sours last year.

Back