Great Australasian Beer SpecTAPular

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Econwatson said:
At the event now trying to assign usernames to faces!

Some fantastic beers here, really delicious, even my girlfriend has found one she likes.

Is it me or does craft beer also attract a lot of arseholes?

Informed by Blue Sky Brewery that 'we've never been able to calculate the IBU of our IPA'. Interesting!

Also found out the hops in Feral Brewers Hop Hog has Cascade, Cirra and Centeniel hops. Did I do good? Is this new info? Or does everyone already know this?
So how was the first night?

What issues did you have with 'arseholes'?

mmmh looks like a great event!!unfortunatly I can't go..maybe next year!

was a good day yesterday... Cocko and I did our best to work through the larger part of the beers on offer... Friday afternoon session was a good idea, heaps less punters than the Saturday arvo we did last year.

Notable beers for me: Brooklyn's Grand Cru (probably my beer of the day). Kooinda's Mosaic Pale Ale (flavour wasn't amazing, but that AROMA, my God!), 8 Wired's "Merge Like a Zip", Feral's "Barrique O Karma", Garage Project's "Death from Above", Red Duck's "Centennial Man" and the Vienna Lager was a good neutral beer for using as a palate cleanser.

jc64 said:
So how was the first night?

What issues did you have with 'arseholes'?

It was great! Not really very busy at all, plenty of room. The REB is such a huge building so there was always a place to sit. Wait times for each bar area were probably 2-3 minutes so not long at all.

Oh no, it's not really the bogan type of arsehole, it's your skinny jeans, bearded, single-gear bike riding, guy from Fitzroy kind of arsehole that I don't like. But I get annoyed by looking at those sort of people, so not a concern! I'd really recommend going if you want to try lots of craft beer in one place (obviously)

i went last night and had a ball. It is one of my fave events to go to and they have come a long way from the first year. It was very well organised, the bar system was really good and lines were small and quick to move!
Its such a great atmosphere in that fantastic building. IT was great the food was inside and the beer market is just a great idea.
We still managed to make a paddle pyramid again like last year lol

Im going back with the wife and bubs on sunday on my season pass. Cant wait to try more again and as i said its just a great vibe in there. My wife doesnt even drink beer but I know she will love the atmosphere and she can even get some nice Cider too.

Im already pumped for next year!

Econwatson said:
It was great! Not really very busy at all, plenty of room. The REB is such a huge building so there was always a place to sit. Wait times for each bar area were probably 2-3 minutes so not long at all.

Oh no, it's not really the bogan type of arsehole, it's your skinny jeans, bearded, single-gear bike riding, guy from Fitzroy kind of arsehole that I don't like. But I get annoyed by looking at those sort of people, so not a concern! I'd really recommend going if you want to try lots of craft beer in one place (obviously)
Good stuff, I had a mate go yesterday and he was really happy with the beer's. I just don't want the 'hipsters' telling me what beer I 'should' like. Will probably be a bit busier today I guess.

Wow it's been months since I've posted on here, stupid work getting in the way of a good time.

Sob stories aside, just punched down a couple of cheese rolls and a coffee and about to hop onto the tram into the REB. Not since we accidentally stumbled into the Belgian beer festival in Brussels in 2010 have I been this excited about a beer event.

30 on my list to try, we'll see how I go. I'll be the guy with the naked sheilas all over his t-shirt.

Heading down now, have come over from Perth for it so needless to say pretty bloody excited.

Where's this shitty Melbourne weather I keep hearing about?

Got my AHB jumper on, stone & wood shirt if it gets too warm.

Yeah the beer gods have definitely tweaked the weather in our favour today. Perfect day for a gutfull of delicious beers!

number 34 garage projects death from above is my beer of the day....
But then again I'm pissed.
Trying to carry a set of six of those glasses home is a challenge

Just about to head in, gonna have to try 34 Paul. Gonna be busy..

Watching dons vs tiges and realised I never reposted.

Gary's white stout was my fave, with the Camden lager second and too many in third.

GrumpyPaul said:
number 34 garage projects death from above is my beer of the day....But then again I'm pissed.Trying to carry a set of six of those glasses home is a challenge
I got 4. Top day out there. I liked the mouth puckering sour from Feral/Wig & Pen. Also pretty much everything else except that awful concoction by Young Henry's - the 1.5% beer. Yuck. Lucky he had the Aus Home Brew champs beer to hold him up.

About to leave now for the last session.

Anyone else going? PM me if you want, though I will be there with some other mates.

krausenhaus said:
Heading down now, have come over from Perth for it so needless to say pretty bloody excited.

Where's this shitty Melbourne weather I keep hearing about?

Got my AHB jumper on, stone & wood shirt if it gets too warm.
I hope you enjoyed it, which was your favourite? I plan on tasting a couple of the controversial beers but mostly the favourites.

Latest posts

Back