Grain Mills

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It uses ceramic stones so I guess it would grind to flour rather than crack the grain. Could make for an interesting sparge though.

Two words...Marga Mulino. :p

Seriously, if you want a TRIPLE roller mill for under $100 in Australia, then don't look any further. It cracks the grains (not crushes it into flower like the Pork..t or the other similar looking meat grinder :ph34r: ) and is adjustable to give you excellent results, no matter what grains you're using. You don't have to be scared when you crack wheat or those dark grains from the UK - marga is one tough hottie!!

A corflute funnel and a bucket underneath and you're done and (lightly) dusted! :D

If you see Marga mills on sale in those Grayshsh homemaker shops run by Prue and Trude;
pt_main.jpg

...make sure that you're not buying the variant that is used for pasta making - it isn't the same thing!

Insist on a Marga Mulino or you'll tear the collars off their blue chambre shirts!! :lol:

TL

...and you can chat with a mate and drink his beer for an hour whilst manually, but merilly cracking away. :chug:
Cheers
Steve

P.S. I will be buying one of these after seeing it in action.

Two words...Marga Mulino. :p

Seriously, if you want a TRIPLE roller mill for under $100 in Australia, then don't look any further. It cracks the grains (not crushes it into flower like the Pork..t or the other similar looking meat grinder :ph34r: ) and is adjustable to give you excellent results, no matter what grains you're using. You don't have to be scared when you crack wheat or those dark grains from the UK - marga is one tough hottie!!

A corflute funnel and a bucket underneath and you're done and (lightly) dusted! :D

If you see Marga mills on sale in those Grayshsh homemaker shops run by Prue and Trude;
pt_main.jpg

...make sure that you're not buying the variant that is used for pasta making - it isn't the same thing!

Insist on a Marga Mulino or you'll tear the collars off their blue chambre shirts!! :lol:

TL

2nd that , Go the marga.

Schweet funnel, Bindi!!

PZ - I bought mine from Grumpy's yonks ago so never bothered looking around Canberra for one. Grab a yella pages and let your fingers do the walking??? A quick google revealed zip here in the ACT...

Cheers,
TL

2nd that , Go the marga.

Third that.

By about the third crush I had it set to the point where it does a better job than some of the dedicated twin roller malt mills I've seen. Hooks up to a drill very easily as well.

After reading all the positive posts on the Marga,
I think i'll get me one from bake and brew.
$105 seems pretty good value :beer:
Has anyone seen them cheaper at the moment?

Schweet funnel, Bindi!!

PZ - I bought mine from Grumpy's yonks ago so never bothered looking around Canberra for one. Grab a yella pages and let your fingers do the walking??? A quick google revealed zip here in the ACT...

Cheers,
TL

Also you can...

"Pimp My Marga" :beerbang:

Affords you extra durability. Doesn't make the crush any quicker though. :lol:

Warren -

gallery_427_47_70437.jpg

Go for it fellas!!
grainmillsml.jpg

That's the mill alright! :super:

Cheers,
TL

For those finding it hard to source a Marga, CraftBrewer will be stocking these great little mills in approx 2 weeks time. Will be for a great price too... ***$99***

Totally affiliated :p

cheers Ross

For those finding it hard to source a Marga, CraftBrewer will be stocking these great little mills in approx 2 weeks time. Will be for a great price too... ***$99***

Totally affiliated :p

cheers Ross

BARGAIN!!!! Last night I let 'er in doors know that I want one for Christmas.....

Cheers Ross, lucky I saw your post, was just about to order
one from bakeandbrew. I will now wait untill you get them in.
Cheers, Duane

Well done Ross!
I was also going to order from Bake and Brew but will now wait until you have them in stock.

Back