Grain And Grape Brew System Pic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Has anyone see the new Grain and Grape All grain system? I got an email today that had a few photos of it. Doesn't look too bad I guess, but pretty pricey (add up the components on it). It seems to have all the goodies required:

Here's the info that came with it:

HERMS System
At Beertopia we launched our new 50 litre HERMS system which created lots of interest. At $3750 we think its great value. It features Stainless kettle, mash tun and hot liquor tank, all stainless weldless fittings, polysulphone quick disconnects, a March pump, silicon hoses, a specially designed 3600 watt element with thermostat and lots of other bells & whistles. All components are available to be purchased separately.

Hope the pics work, and I hope this hasn't been posted before. I don't get on the forum much these days.

Sorry guys, converted them to jpeg so you can see them.

G_G_system.jpg

G_G_1.jpg

G_G_2.jpg

looks pretty sweet apart from the price

$3750 :eek:

bugger me.

Guess most of the cost would be labour. They arnt things that just cometogether in a few hours.

makes doing it yourself look better but great looking system.

cheers

Seen it in the flesh last week guys. I've also seen it's little (23 litre) brother in action.

Just the look of the shiney S/S pots is enough to get me drooling.

Very much an a-grade bit of kit. No inferior components on it whatsoever. :super:

Warren -

Yep it does initialy seem expensive but compare it against the B3 that Mercs Own imported into the country and all of a sudden it comes across as value for money.
Would love to see one in the flesh and get a report on how it goes.

Cheers
Big D

How would you get the spent grain out of the mash tun (I don't know much about HERMS but that's the vessel on the top isn't it?)? Its pretty high.

Also, I wonder what the false bottom arrangement is in the mash tun... Does this mean they now sell false bottoms to fit the wider diameter stock pots?

Looks good. The G&G guys are a classy bunch. B)

T.D.

HLT is on the top. It's got this monster 3500 watt element in it. Mashtun is on the right.

I'm pretty certain the mashtun still uses the standard 12 inch FB. If it's firmy secured to the floor of the pot. Smaller diameter FB is not going to be a problem. :)

Looked in all the pots and to tell you the truth I can't remember. All I can remember is how heavy the S/S pots and lids are compared to my ally job. :eek:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
T.D.

HLT is on the top. It's got this monster 3500 watt element in it. Mashtun is on the right.

I'm pretty certain the mashtun still uses the standard 12 inch FB. If it's firmy secured to the floor of the pot. Smaller diameter FB is not going to be a problem. :)

Looked in all the pots and to tell you the truth I can't remember. All I can remember is how heavy the S/S pots and lids are compared to my ally job. :eek:

Warren -
[post="129325"][/post]​

Like I said a HERMS expert I ain't! :rolleyes: :p

I guess if you've got a nice flat and hard bottom in the mash tun, the 12" false bottom would work just fine.

I reckon this system looks nice, but I always found building your own system to be half the fun. Sure you feel like taking a sledge hammer to it at times but in the end I think you appreciate the whole brewing thing much more when its all been custom built.

Love the bling factor too but I have got so much satisfaction making my own HERMS setup. There is a lot to be said for doing it yourself and a little Aussie backyard inginuity :D I must say my 1800 watt ex verge collected dishwasher element looks pretty shabby :pDCP_0571.JPG

Justin said:
HERMS System
At Beertopia we launched our new 50 litre HERMS system which created lots of interest. At $3750 we think its great value. It features Stainless kettle, mash tun and hot liquor tank, all stainless weldless fittings, polysulphone quick disconnects, a March pump, silicon hoses, a specially designed 3600 watt element with thermostat and lots of other bells & whistles. All components are available to be purchased separately.
[post="129282"][/post]​

If you look closley at the pic from the beertopia stand you can see all the craftbrewing drool on the floor infront of the rig.

:beerbang:

Luke

I knocked up my own for about $1,000-1,200. Some new stuff, but mostly things I purchased second hand. I never tried the silicon hoses, I use insulated copper and don't lose any heat during mash/recirc. Capacity is 40 odd lts. :D

I saw it at beertopia too. The price was a bit much but all I could think was "mmm, shiny."

those polysulphone disconnects are dead sexy too.

Did anyone else take a look at the plastic conical fermenter? It's in the background of Justin's 3rd pic, a bit left of the brewstand . A nice bit of gear too - there was a plastic bulb to catch the yeast cake in. I think they said it was around $270.

I actually think they might have added a bit of incompatibility into it with a 3500W element in the HLT. You can't run that off a standard power point as far as I'm aware.

I'm sure they thought of that but I thought it was a bit surprising to see such a big element.

I run a 2200W and 1800W element in my HLT simultaneously but off different circuits. Gets the job done nicely.

I wish I was in the position to make some commercial home brewing units. I love building stuff, and I whole heartedly agree that building is half the fun of brewing for me.

But each to their own.

Does anyone know if they have actually sold any yet?

I thought the same thing Justin. Surely a standard 2400w element would have done the trick??? I used to boil well over 30L or wort with my little 2400w immersion heater - I'm sure it could have heated 50L of water to 75 degrees...

Justin said:
I actually think they might have added a bit of incompatibility into it with a 3500W element in the HLT. You can't run that off a standard power point as far as I'm aware.

[post="129345"][/post]​

Yep, you'd need a 15A outlet for that. I don't reckon there are too many houses with one of those in it.

Think the larger element may be for quicker temp ramps for step mashing. :unsure:

Warren -

Good Day
Air conditioners are !5A. I use the AC outlet and a couple of other 10A circuits when using 3 x 2300w immersion heaters in my fully plastic(old fermenters + coolers) KISS system.

Hey all

Thats a nice system amazing what you can get if you want to spend the bucks$$$$$ at least its cheaper than the Sabco gear from the states now there gear will leave you drouling and a lot lighter in the pocket about $4000us :blink:
check out the pic
Cheers Monkale :beer:

sabco_1897_8717547.jpg

Has anyone see the new Grain and Grape All grain system? I got an email today that had a few photos of it. Doesn't look too bad I guess, but pretty pricey (add up the components on it). It seems to have all the goodies required:

Here's the info that came with it:

HERMS System
At Beertopia we launched our new 50 litre HERMS system which created lots of interest. At $3750 we think it's great value. It features Stainless kettle, mash tun and hot liquor tank, all stainless weldless fittings, polysulphone quick disconnects, a March pump, silicon hoses, a specially designed 3600 watt element with thermostat and lots of other bells & whistles. All components are available to be purchased separately.

Hope the pics work, and I hope this hasn't been posted before. I don't get on the forum much these days.

Hey is this still available...? I'm in the market for a rig or braumeister?

Latest posts

Back