Grafton Show Home Brewing Competition 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moad said:
I'm heading up to coffs on Friday night, leaving for brisbane early saturday. Is the drop off open Saturday morning?
Never done a comp and I missed newy show
Moad said:
I'm heading up to coffs on Friday night, leaving for brisbane early saturday. Is the drop off open Saturday morning?
Never done a comp and I missed newy show
Hi Moad,

I will send you a pm, but I think it will be very difficult to take anything after the doors close on Friday evening, as final paperwork & other planning etc starts straight away, and this has been tightened even further due to the judging being brought forward 4 hours on the saturday.

Matt

sp0rk said:
I've got quite a few entries this year (not just beer)
I intend on hanging onto my championship prize ;)
Sp0rk,

You are a legend. If you pull it off again, they are likely to make you the Jacaranda King when the festival comes around.

Good to see the show is going to be well supported again this year! I aim to have a couple of entries and see you all there!
Shane

Brew Matt said:
Sp0rk,

You are a legend. If you pull it off again, they are likely to make you the Jacaranda King when the festival comes around.
Oh you :blush:

I'll be keen to help out Matt. But due to having a baby, travelling Tassie, working full time and farming I have hardly entered my shed. Even got 10kg of honey I wanted to make Mead with but haven't struck a blow yet.

Spoke to John, the owner of Roches Hotel, who are now a sponsor, and he was very interested that entries are coming from Tasmania.

As a local, its very humbling that brewers are sending their beers to what is basically our local Agricultural Show.

Just remember... there is no prize....You just get a Blue Ribbon if you come first, :)

shaunous said:
I'll be keen to help out Matt. But due to having a baby, travelling Tassie, working full time and farming I have hardly entered my shed. Even got 10kg of honey I wanted to make Mead with but haven't struck a blow yet.
This kinda doesn't make sense, I'm keen and willing to help out, just wont be entering anything due to being busy.

There! :huh:

Get your butt down here for Arghonaut, great arvo/night to be had...beers...BBQ...Beers...what more could you want

Ducatiboy stu said:
Spoke to John, the owner of Roches Hotel, who are now a sponsor, and he was very interested that entries are coming from Tasmania.

As a local, its very humbling that brewers are sending their beers to what is basically our local Agricultural Show.

Just remember... there is no prize....You just get a Blue Ribbon if you come first, :)
does spork have to bring back the blue ribbon or is there a freshy?

droid said:
A fresh ribbon, but the tiara has to be returned.

Looks like this year the Tiara comes attached to Sporks head. Might bet a bit smelly, but at least you get the Tiara

droid said:
Yes The ribbons are fresh. We have a Ribbon factory out at Trenayr industrial estate. Most ( 90% ) of the workers are 90 yr olds who have been in the ribbon game for at least 85yrs.

I badly want the tiara to go with my ribbon from 2013 so I can swan around like a prize poodle like Christopher Pyne.

grafton blue ribbon.jpg

if we enter must it belong necks.. how about 500ml???. it says approx 64oml..otherwise it makes it 4 500ml bottles which is way too much in postage etc...

Ducatiboy stu said:
Looks like this year the Tiara comes attached to Sporks head. Might bet a bit smelly, but at least you get the Tiara

Yes The ribbons are fresh. We have a Ribbon factory out at Trenayr industrial estate. Most ( 90% ) of the workers are 90 yr olds who have been in the ribbon game for at least 85yrs.
swoit!

Grainer said:
if we enter must it belong necks.. how about 500ml???. it says approx 64oml..otherwise it makes it 4 500ml bottles which is way too much in postage etc...
The 2 Bottle rule thingy is about having 1 Bottle for judging and 1 Bottle for showing...in fact you get to keep the second bottle as it is for display purposes only.

The first bottle is a different matter....as those who attended last year and had to accidentally drink our way thru eleventeen hundred home brews and try and pick a crowd favourite.... :ph34r:

But in saying that, the Show is a traditional Agricultural Show, with a history of tradition, and rightly so. The idea of a " Stubbie" is not really accepted, as " Longnecks" are the traditional form of vessel for home brew.

Latest posts

Back