Grafton Brewing Competition 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Droid,

While there are no cash prizes, there are those consisting of product that comes from supporters of the event.

Not all the ribbons are big, but they do look good, especially so when they are on the mantle piece offering bragging rights to the winners.

Hey Matt, cheers mate - wasn't having a go or anything just interested in how the sponsors are tied up in the comp

You obviously do a fantastic job with all the effort that goes into it - good onya!

Brew Matt said:
Hi Droid,

While there are no cash prizes, there are those consisting of product that comes from supporters of the event.

Not all the ribbons are big, but they do look good, especially so when they are on the mantle piece offering bragging rights to the winners.
Can confirm the ribbons look good, I have a few hanging on my wall now ;)

Thanks to Matt & Lori at Country Brewer Toormina (near Coffs Harbour) for supporting the event once again in 2016. www.facebook.com/CountryBrewerToormina

The brewing entries have continued to arrive at the showground today.

CountryBrewerHeader.jpg

I've actually bought sacks from them at Toormina on the way up and down the coast from SEQ when I lived in Old Bar - highly recommended.
Bit over an hour's drive from Grafton they are a good place to get supplies.

Mick, the new owner of Roches is keen to come down for the judging

He is actually a bit excited :)

Any final figures on the number of entries this year?

Still have a number of boxes containing entries that have not been counted yet. So will know shortly.

Should have enough to keep the six judges quite busy however.

Judging seemed to go reasonably smoothly. Currently compiling results.

Entries where up this year, but not as many showed for tasting.

Quality was very good this year and much improved over previous years, especially in the kit beers..

There was some really nice beers and one of my favs was an AG stout and a kit pale ale

The chilli beer was...OMFG hot...

The RIS was thick and like syrup... :beerbang:

I believe so Yob, IIRC quite well received that one was.
Echo Stu's comments too- vastly improved quality this year, it was a real pleasure to judge, with some excellent beers encountered judging the legacy section comprising of mostly kits and K&Bs, nevertheless very few suboptimal beers overall.
The tremendous efforts of Matt and the other volunteers ensured the event was a complete success. Ditto for judges and participants, of course the event would not be possible without the support of generous sponsors and show committee, many thanks all round to everyone involved, it has been a real pleasure to be involved.

Latest posts

Back