Grafton Brewing Competition 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
You can find it on Page 5 of the program under " General Conditions for Home Brewing Exhibitors"
Yes, there is a lot of text crammed into the programme. The text is even smaller on the A5 printed programme.

Ducatiboy stu said:
I almost put my P.O. Box there accidentally :ph34r:
Is that what they term a Freudian slip? I am sure you wouldn't drink them all yourself Stu!

Brew Matt said:
Is that what they term a Freudian slip? I am sure you wouldn't drink them all yourself Stu!
Might not drink them all...but would certainly give it a go :D

Troy Club & Restaurant Supplies are a supporter of the 2016 Grafton Brewing Competition.

They are open to the public, and can help you with all of your kitchen and bar needs. www.troyclubsupplies.com.au

For those entering or attending the competition, we have been given a number of vouchers to receive a 10% discount at their warehouse or online - be sure to get yours.

The Grafton Brewing Competition is suited to all brewers regardless of whether you are experienced or still have your training wheels on.

Get the programme at www.graftonbrewingcompetition.com or pickup a hard copy from the show office.

For those not familar with the 'AABC Style Guidelines' these can also be downloaded from the site and make an interesting read.

Troy Logo.png

We have promoted this to our club, but I'm not sure whether we'll have any entries, it's a really big time for competitions and we haven't enough brewers and time to go around!

This year there will be entries for fermented brew food & pickles

Kimchi,Sauerkraut etc. Anything fermented that does not need refrigeration

The Village Green Hotel in Grafton is a supporter of the Grafton Brewing Competition for 2016, and offers value for money meals.

A tap list appears in the programme, along with some history of the venue. Check out www.villagegreenhotel.com.au

Class 18.2 in the brewing competition is for Spice/Herb/Vegetable specialty beer. Some of the herbs & spices that have been used in the brewing process include Allspice, Elder Flowers, Lemon Myrtle, Nutmeg, Vanilla, and Cloves to name a few.

Only 25 days until entries close!

Village Green.jpg

Special thanks to Keg King for being a supporter of the Grafton Brewing Competition once again. www.kegking.com.au

Keg King provide quality keg dispensing equipment & brewing supplies. From kegerators to gas bottles.

Whether you are getting started into brewing or brew like an artist, the Grafton Brewing Competition is for you.

keg-king-86425077.jpg

For those that attended the Queensland Home Brewing Conference last year (or the National Home Brewing Conference in Canberra the year before), you would know the companies Beerco, as well as Gladfield Malt who were in attendance.

Beerco's quest is to alleviate the world of beer poverty giving you the chance to brew your own great beer made from the finest malt, hops and yeast! www.beerco.com.au

Gladfield's straight forward belief is that everyone should be able to use the best malts available. www.gladfieldmalt.co.nz

Together, these two companies are supporters of the Grafton Brewing Competition in 2016.

Making beer is simple when you think about it, just combine good quality Hops + Malt + Water + Yeast...... then submit your creation to the Grafton Brewing Competition!

Gladfield Logo_4.jpg

Beerco large-brown.png

if I get time I will try support this and send an entry :)

Coastal Coasters have done a great job printing this years Grafton Brewing Competition Coasters, and are a supportor of the event once more.

Contact them for all your coaster printing needs. They also do bar runners, stubby coolers, serviettes, stickers and more. www.drinkcoasters.com.au

For those judges that have not confirmed attendance for the 9th April, please do so ASAP.

Coastal Coasters.PNG

The Beard & Brau Farmhouse Brewery are supporters of the Grafton Brewing Competition once again in 2016, and have even attended as event judges in previous years.

Check out their web site at beardandbrau.com.au or better still try one of their beers.

pssst - only 18 days until entries close.

Beard And Brau Farmhouse Brewery Logo.png

So for personal clarification, an exhibit is one bottle? Two bottles per entry at $2 a bottle/exhibit, meaning $4 per entry (class)?

Say I enter 2 classes (2 different beers), that would be 4 bottles/exhibits in total, with $8 payable?

sponge said:
So for personal clarification, an exhibit is one bottle? Two bottles per entry at $2 a bottle/exhibit, meaning $4 per entry (class)?

Say I enter 2 classes (2 different beers), that would be 4 bottles/exhibits in total, with $8 payable?
Hi Sponge,

Good question, hope this clarifies. Entry fee is $2 per exhibit. An exhibit consists of 2 identical bottles.

Therefore taking your example, if you entered 2 classes (2 different beers), you are right in that you would be submitting 4 bottles, but your entry free would in fact be $4 (not $8).

Of the 2 identical bottles, one may have a label, which will be used for display purposes.

I have been told, that this is the cheapest BJCP sanctioned brewing competition in the world at $2 per entry!

Happy brewing, and don't forget the many drop off points that are kindly being provided by home brew shops around the country.

Ahhh, thanks for the clarification Matt.

Looks like my additional monies won't end up in the hands of the brewing gods then..

sponge said:
Ahhh, thanks for the clarification Matt.

Looks like my additional monies won't end up in the hands of the brewing gods then..
Look forward to seeing some entries from the "Dungeon O' Sponge Brewery".

Latest posts

Back