Grafton Brewing Competition 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Special thanks to the Boundary Family Convenience Store in Grafton for being a supporter of the Grafton Brewing Competition.

Locals will be familiar with the store, which is Grafton's largest stockist of home brewing supplies. www.facebook.com/Boundary-family-convenience-store-1613203158892777

Don't forget, that a display of winning entries will be in the main pavilion at the Grafton Show on the 15th & 16th April. This is the 150th Anniversary Show, the first being held on the 30th April 1867.

Boundary Store.PNG

Don't this mob do a nice curry as well?

Hey I take it the second identical bottle would be for "Best in Show" or "Best in Class" taste off, if it makes it that far? Or is it for display purposes as you said?

So the ones that don't make it as far as that will I suppose be for general tasting purposes :party:

Bribie G said:
Don't this mob do a nice curry as well?

Hey I take it the second identical bottle would be for "Best in Show" or "Best in Class" taste off, if it makes it that far? Or is it for display purposes as you said?

So the ones that don't make it as far as that will I suppose be for general tasting purposes :party:
Nearly curry season.

The Crown Hotel Motel are located at the river end of Prince Street, in Grafton, and are a supporter of the Grafton Brewing Competition once again.

The venue has its origins going back to 1842, and boasts one of the best river views in Grafton.

For those using the home brew shop drop off points, don't forget the cut off is COB 31st March 2016.

For people in the Grafton/Clarence area not sure about drop off, or wanting to get their entries in beforehand, contact the chief steward (see the programme).

Crown Hotel.PNG

We won't let the fame go to our head (pun intended!).

Thanks to the folks at The Daily Examiner for being a supporter of the Grafton Brewing Competition, and also recently publishing the attached article in the printed newspaper. www.dailyexaminer.com.au

"They have been the voice of the Clarence Valley since 1859"

That is the size of a Grafton stubby in the photo :)

View attachment 87590

DailyExaminer_Talkability_CMYK.jpg

nathanvonbeerenstein said:
No plans for any more Melbourne drop off points? Ie brewers den or keg King?
Hi Partial Man,

Happy to consider more drop off points for 2017, but it would just introduce confusion to have more at this late stage for the 2016 comp.

While I know it is greatly appreciated by the comp & those that utilize the service, it is an additional expense for stores (drop off points) that agree to forward entries to the competition.

A lot of phone calls were made, and despite this drop off points for Sydney & Tasmania simply could not be found.

Some home brew shops are doing it tough at the moment :(

So if any potential drop off points are known, send a PM or email for the next comp (likewise if there are any geographical areas that have been missed. The WA drop off point was prompted by some enthusiastic WA brewers).

It is hoped that those on the drop off list (see below) will get more traffic through the door, and make a few extra sales in the process.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those unable to personally drop their entries into Grafton, the following drop off points may assist:

BRISBANE AREA – All Brewers Choice Stores.
Brewers Choice Wacol. Unit 1, 1236 Boundary Rd, Wacol, QLD 4076 Phone 07 3271 1373
Brewers Choice Ipswich. 246 Warwick Rd, Churchill, QLD 4305 Phone 07 3281 0205
Brewers Choice Browns Plains. Cnr Browns Plains and Beaudesert Rds Browns Plains, QLD 4118 Phone 07 3800 9633
Brewers Choice Stafford 12 Webster Road, Stafford, QLD 4053 Phone 07 3356 0527

CANBERRA AREA
Belco Brew Supplies. 22 Joyner Crescent, Flynn ACT 2615. Phone 0432044908

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Brewmart Brewing Supplies. 32 Railway Parade, Bayswater, WA 6053. Phone 08 9370 2484.

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Country Brewer (Clovelly Park). 8 / 1240 - 1242 South Rd, Clovelly Park, SA. 5042. Phone 0881771110

NEWCASTLE AREA
Country Brewer (Maitland). 1/128 Melbourne St, East Maitland 2323. Phone 024933 0058

MELBOURNE AREA
Australian Home Brewing (Richmond). 143 Church St, Richmond 3121. Phone 0394292066
Australian Home Brewing (Oakleigh). 24 Eskay Rd, South Oakleigh 3167. Phone 03 9575 3904

To allow for freight, close off for the above is COB 31/3/2016.

"Where Pizza is a meal, not just a snack" is the motto of local pizza house Big River Pizza in Grafton.

Thanks to Big River Pizza for being a supporter of the event once again in 2016. www.bigriverpizza.com.au

For locals wishing to drop off their entries in Grafton, it will be possible to do so at the showground on the 30th & 31st of March from 3 - 6pm. If these are not suitable, simply make contact with the Chief Steward beforehand to make alternate arrangements.

Big River Pizza Logo.jpg

[SIZE=10.5pt]Thanks to the Jacaranda Hotel for being a supporter of the 2016 Grafton Brewing Competition. "Get Your Claka To The Jaca". www.facebook.com/clakatothejaca[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]The venue has plenty of history, being a descendant of the Willow Tree Hotel which was established in 1876. Renamed to The Jacaranda Hotel in 1939, after the street trees for which Grafton was then becoming widely known.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Only 14 Days until entries close![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
Jacaranda Hotel Photo.jpg

looks Like Bribie, Tidal Pete & RdeVjun are booked in and are attending

I should have the Visa's sorted by then

They would like some rabbits to take home with them. Please organise.

Anyone

Send what you have

The Grafton Agricultural Show is open to anyone and everyone who wants to enter something beer & brew related

We had some Mead last year and it would be great to have some more this year

Thanks Stu, muchly appreciated! :beer:

The annual Grafton pilgrimage is underway provided customs & excise, immigration, vaccinations, quarantine etc are all stamped. Oh, might have to dust off the 'guinea pig' recipes! :p

You forgot bail money as well

We know what you foreigners are like... :D

apoligies to the local crew I cant attend the judging/pissup day as have prior commitments
you will have to pick on someone else for not making it through the night lol !
taking swmbo to brizzy browny points/ maybe visit craftbrewer to save some freight
a few bags of grain won't go astray big weight items no freight
cheers
ken

Grrr, my already bottled examples of one of my beers are gushing!
time to empty those bottles, clean and rebottle from the keg :/
no spare PET lids, going to have to reuse lids

Final entry date is the 31st correct?

stuffed if I can find the details, I know I saved them somewhere...

Yob said:
Final entry date is the 31st correct?

stuffed if I can find the details, I know I saved them somewhere...
Entries close 1st April 2016. If you are dropping your entries into one of the participating home brew shops, then their close off will be a little earlier to allow for freight (check with them directly to confirm).

For those close to Grafton, entries can be delivered to the showground on the 30th & 31st between the hours of 3 - 6pm.

Of contact the chief steward for further clarification (see the programme). The programme can be downloaded from www.graftonbrewingcompetition.com

Thanks to the Black Duck Brewery for being a supporter of the Grafton Brewing Competition once more. Check out their website at www.blackduckbrewery.com.au or better still, try one of their beers.

Now in the final straight for the comp, with only 4 days until entries close!

Black Duck Brewery 1393367689.png

Latest posts

Back