Good start, what's the next progression?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBeck

Reaction score
Hi All,

Newby here hoping for a bit of advice. I'm new to this brewing malarkey but so far loving it. I've made a couple of brews from kits, started with a stout and backed it up with a nice pale ale and I just wondered what the next steps are? What's the natural progression? What did you all modify and move on to?

Cheers!

Started exactly how you did mate then moved on to extract brewing, messing about with hops different yeasts etc, will make you some really nice beers as well. Play around with your Liquid Malt Extract and also your Dry Malt Extract.

I first started with just some plain kit brews, Then moved to replacing brew enhancers (dextrose ect) from coopers with Dry Malt Extract...Then I started with adding Hops in a boil. Next was to try and add some speciality grains such as caramalt.

This helped me get an understanding of different brew techniques and what adding different processes/ingredients did to the end result of the beer!

Ive just done a DrSmurto's Golden Ale that is gasing away in my keg and it smells amazing! I would check out this link if ya wanna try to make this recipe
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/75370-drsmurtos-golden-ale-full-extract-help-for-a-newbie/?hl=%20drsmurto#39;s golden ale

BIAB if you have the time/motivation. doesn't have to be expensive but the difference is noticable.

Temp control your ferment if you aren't already.

I started off with kits then straight into BIAB. Haven't looked back bud. Beers are shitloads better! There's no comparison

Latest posts

Back