Good Dvd To Sit Down To Have A Beer With

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Tell me about the f*cking golf shoes!!!"

after a few brews there is nothing better than mad max or running on empty. ah 57 chev music to my ears

A blind man driving a black chev classic aussie movie. Midnight spares is another aussie classic.

Cheers Brad

I, for one, reckon the Blue Brothers is the ultimate Beer DVD.

Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Is it too late on a Saturday night to watch it???

Nup! BCNU...

And tonight it's a Cider, not a Beer DVD!

Absolute Classic :beerbang:

Waynes World 1 and 2 Claudia Schiffer Sherwiiiing.
Tia Carrera what a babe grrrrrrrrrr. ( back then ) She will be mine.

Almost Famous another great beer drinking movie.

Easy Rider :icon_cheers:

Rounders - if the kids are asleep, and you like cards.
Otherwise it's simpsons 24/7 here, our five year old pays our 3.5 year old 10c a week if she puts it on when requested.
Now the 3.5 year old has worked out that it's a game for our 21 month old to put the dvd on, so she gets her 10c for doing nothing.

Just finished watching Burn after Reading with a few APAs. Laughed my a$$ off.

cheers
Andrew.

Fight Club - although I want to put my beer down and work on my sixpack.
City of God - Brazilian ghetto movie. frickin' awesome story and just so damn cool.
Beerfest - gets better everytime. DAAAS BOOOOT!
Pretty much anything with Will Ferrell in it, especially Taladega Nights.
And for the kiddies... Wall-E. I love this movie.

Simon Pegg is really good. Only had enjoyable funny movies with him.
Watched his new one How to lose friends & alienate People tonight with an easy drinking amber ale.

But my classic movie would be We're no angels.
What a great movie!

Well, I hate trying to watch some series on tv, to many interuptions of all sorts and ads..

Asked for the first season of Prison Break for Xmas, got it and started watching it, finished it and bought Season 2, watched it all and now got to buy Season 3.. Edge of your seat that show and extremely entertaining, a show that you will get pissed on as its just so intense.. :icon_drunk:

For the kids, I still love Monsters Inc, my young fella(now 7) used to watch it over and over when he was younger and I always watched it aswell and still do to this day.. And Shrek 1..

Rounders - if the kids are asleep, and you like cards.
Otherwise it's simpsons 24/7 here, our five year old pays our 3.5 year old 10c a week if she puts it on when requested.
Now the 3.5 year old has worked out that it's a game for our 21 month old to put the dvd on, so she gets her 10c for doing nothing.

What a great system!
Listen tell your 3.5 year old my remote control is broke and I would be happy to 20c per week ;)
Also the cat likes to be cuddled...

Bradsbrew, just finished watching MM1 and got online. Pumpy, you are so right about Walace and Gromit, what a crack up. Shaun the sheep is a hoot too. great to have young kids.

cheers

Browndog

any Tarantino is a great beer flick, Dusk til Dawn, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, The Big Lebowski is a fave as well

cheers

What a great system!
Listen tell your 3.5 year old my remote control is broke and I would be happy to 20c per week ;)
Also the cat likes to be cuddled...

Yeah it's funny to watch, does the offer include airfair to Germany?
Of course she's a bit young so I'd have to come with her. ;)

Yep - Shaun the sheep is loved here too...by me and my boys.

Also, talking of Shaun, how about Shaun of the Dead? Thats too funny.
Also any of Clints, Dirty Harry movies and his Spaghetti Westerns, First full of Dollars, For a few dollars more etc.

Cheers
Steve

Another great one is Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Love that movie!

"If the milk turns out to be sour, I ain't the kinda pussy to drink it." .... Gold!

When I'm well into my second PET I love to put on something really monumental and inspirational like "Seven wonders of the Industrial world - the Hoover Dam is my favourite" or "Space Odyssey - voyage to the planets .... It is Mankind's destiny to explore the outer reaches of the Universe" Wow, go all goose bumps then pour another pint :icon_drunk:

Yeah, good ones Bribie - I've got the 7 Wonders set and its definitely a good watch in my books. You mean Space Oddyssey as in the Stanley Kubrick original? If so, hats off to you, a brilliant movie. Think I read the book before the movie though, it definitely helped with knowing what the hell was going on, much the same for Empire Of The Sun come to think of it.

hoppinmad - you seen Boondock Saints? Don't know why but Lock Stock reminds me of it.

Steve - gotta love Shaun of the Dead!

"Who put that on?"
"I dunno, some random..." :D

Cheers - boingk

Yeah it's funny to watch, does the offer include airfair to Germany?
Of course she's a bit young so I'd have to come with her. ;)

I am actually in Newcastle. So you could take the car or the train which is more of a road trip these days. Did I mention that I am not watching much TV anyway? So a lot less work for 20c as well :p

Also, talking of Shaun, how about Shaun of the Dead? Thats too funny.

Also funny is simon pegg's tv series before that movie "Spaced". All time favourite for a few ales and a good laugh. Clever pop culture references all through the two series.

I love Lebowski and all Cohen Brother films, and for anyone who dreams of not turning up to work tomorrow "Office Space" is hilarious.

Bowie (in space) :huh:

I like Shuan the Sheep to...just a shame I work when its on...

Watching "Oz & James Drink to Brittain".....now that is a beer show to drink to...

Latest posts

Back