Good Afternoon, Good Evening And Good Night

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Reaction score
Well, ladies and gentlemen my brewing days have now been and gone as im about to set off travelling around the world and brewing will have to be put off for a couple of years. I have made the decision to sell everything as it would be too expensive to store it and i need money now so it all has to go. Most of my stuff will be on sale at ebay if your interested but ill offer my Electric AG setup to AHB first. So if you would like to start AG and would like ALL the equiptment necessary to start straight away including grain, hops and yeast for your first beer this is for you.

The setup includes,

1x Converted 50l keg to a boiler with temp probe + Immersion heater and SS ball valve tap
1x Converted esky with SS braided hose for manifold + SS ball valve
1x Plastic HLT with 2 heater elements and SS ball valve tap (This was the only piece that wasnt upgraded, Sorry.)
1x American made Copper immersion chiller bought off ebay.
2x Hoses

PLUS! All the stuff to make a pilsner,

5kg Crushed Pilsner malt
500g Crushed Munich Malt
250g Saaz Hops
saflager yeast

Im located in Carlingford, Sydney and sorry but i won't post it. So make me an offer.

Well it has been a great couple of years for me and i would love to catch continue this hobby when i get back, thank you all for you help and wisdom over the years.

Happy Brewing,

Scotty

Bloody hell Scotty- Broke your AG cherry & selling up all your gear within a month!!! :blink:

Anyway, have a fantastic trip & make sure you regularly post your drinking experiences as you trot round the globe.... :beer:

Cheers Ross...

Scotty,
Sorry to hear you getting rid of your gear :(
But mate, go and have a ball with your travels and make the beer gods shine on ya !

As Ross says, make sure you post us some of your beer appreciation on your travels !
Travel safe and good luck

Cheers!
HBW :super:

Lend your setup to a brewing mate for the cost of a few kegs done one month before you get back ready to brew again :) and you will.
Have a good trip :party:

Ok there has been some interest in the gear and i forgot to add a pic (see below) I would prefer to sell the system as a whole for obvious reasons (ie getting rid of it in one go). As for the price im not sure, just make a bid and the highest will win.

Other Ebay stuff

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

DSC02221.JPG

Thanks again, Scott

How does the immersion element go heating up a 30L batch? And How well does the esky keep the mash temp?

The HLT heats up water to 75 degrees in about 25 mins, and the esky holds the temp well, loses about 5 degrees approx in an hour, and because the water is about 70 degrees going into the boiler it doesnt take long to bring it to the boil.

Scotty

For those interested, I have decided on a price $220 but im up for negotiation. This system has everything to start straight away even the grain for the first beer. Ill even throw in another 500g of hops.

Scotty

I have a mate interested in buying it... can you pm me your number?

If Jarrod's mate falls through I'll take it for $220.

Sent you an email with my number, or you can PM or email me.

Cheers,
Thommo

Back