Golden Cluster Hop Pellets - How To Use?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rendo

WTF
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Brewers,

I have been a kit brewer only and I have recently been given a few 12g packets of Golden Cluster hops from Brewcraft. They are about 12months old and have been kept in the fridge. (do they keep better in the freezer?)

My question is how do I use these pellets? I have tried to find the answer and have come up with this:

1. Boil 12g of hop pellets in 1L of water (maybe add some of the coopers goop for better hop utilisation) for 10mins.
2. Let cool down whilst I get the rest of my brew stuff ready, rehydrate the yeast etc etc
3. Then once that is done, add the 1L of bolied hops and all the rest of the stuff (dextrose etc) to the fermentor and proceed as normal

How does that sound? I am undecided as to if I should strain or not?? I dont want to take away the bittery goodness :) but I dont want chunks in my beer either.

Rendo

The hops will keep better in the freezer, I wouldn't bother straining them, they'll settle in the bottom of the fermenter. Personally I'm not a big fan of cluster as an aroma or flavour hop, so you'r suggested use of them would best come from some one else. Apparently it's the aroma hop of XXXX :icon_vomit:

Latest posts

Back