Gold Coast Home Brewers Unite!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, I think just starting off with at least a few months (if not more) of meet and greet, drink some of each others beers, and an informal case swap of the same style perhaps will do us well.

I too love the mini-comps, and brewing to style I think is a great way to improve as a brewer, and lets face it, judging each others beers is damn fun!

Hope you can make it Brian! If you are a lambic fan I have quite a stash to tempt you with!

Just a quick word on what to expect...MALE have been going for near on 7 years now ....the first year was mainly 3-4 of us on a rotating basis and was near on 3 years before a decent regular turn out...now we have near on 70 on a yahoo group and about two doz on a facebook page and are now doing our first organised group semi comp(arison) brew with still only about a doz turning out at the monthly meet..and in two locations on a bi-monthly routine...

so don't stop if it doesn't take off to a flying start and keep the meeting point the same from day one..usually a dodgy wood fire pizza place that could use the business and cheap eats so no one is drinking on an empty stomach

and ENJOY

Awesome, thanks for the tips Linz!

To be honest, if it is just a couple of keen brewers meeting up once a month to taste each otheres wares and swap tips, I will be frigging stoked!

Let me repeat that.... FRIGGING STOKED!
All who are making our first meeting, email me so I can let you know the location to meet on the 13/9 7pm.

Cheers

Ok, so who's good to make a logo for us :blink:

Good to see some momentum, nice work Damien

ooh.. I like it! First we have to decide on a name... First I thought of Burleigh Brewers.... nice aliteration... then I though it might be nice to have a nice inclusive 'Gold Coast' in the name...

I think until we have a better name we should run with Burleigh Brewers... especially if we are going to be calling The Burleigh Brewing Company our HQ... Frigging sweet if we can... AND it is opposite the Black Ulander Bikie Gang HQ... surely giving us some street cred amongst other clubs??? hehehhe

So... back to the logo... hopefully we will have someone savvy with that kind of gear to put forward some tenative designs...
A small update on the flyer situation... I gave some to my Local homebrew guy in Burleigh who isn't usually the 'ahem' friendliest guy.. and I saw him smile for the first time since I first visited his shop 3 years ago!

ALso now have a flyer up at Stockland Mall ... Am a little scared of giving a flyer to my Palmy Home Brew mate, as his clientele tend to be more into bootleg spirits than beer, but hey... at least it would spice up our meetings!!!

Well that's all to update from me... anyone need a flyer email me on [email protected]

Cheers,

Damien

I can't make it tue-friday evenings (4 month old) but will join. Pencil me in as joined but absent.

Sweet... That's a shame Nick, from your posts you clearly would be a pretty awesome brain to pick....
Not sure if that sounds weird, but I am sure you get what I mean. When do you usually brew? I would love to come see your setup in action.

Damien

Sweet... That's a shame Nick, from your posts you clearly would be a pretty awesome brain to pick....
Not sure if that sounds weird, but I am sure you get what I mean. When do you usually brew? I would love to come see your setup in action.

Damien

I brew pretty randomly juggling the bub with the missus. Sundays are usually free-ish. Got a Cascade Red IPA on the recipe sheet. Welcome to come round for a brew and some beers - my setup is famously dull though - send me a PM.

I'm in. Love your enthusiasm, Damien. Let's hope this properly gets off the ground and goes on to great things. Email sent.

Whoa this thread is getting BUSY!! Flat out at work so haven't had a chance to jump on here today.

This is looking good...don't worry Nick I'm not even 12 months into brewing so I'm still boring here too :lol: still straight up K&K :lol:

ooh.. I like it! First we have to decide on a name...

Gold Coast United is free at the moment I think...
Chargers?
Giants?
Breakers?
Bears?

Hmmm - we're not noted for the longevity of our clubs on the GC. Hope we can break the trend. ;)

Kev

Gold Coast United is free at the moment I think...
Chargers?
Giants?
Breakers?
Bears?

Hmmm - we're not noted for the longevity of our clubs on the GC. Hope we can break the trend. ;)

Kev

Maybe I am being optimistic... but it kinda feels like we have already broken the trend!!!

Speaking of breaking trends... thanks to Tricache we have a rough idea for a logo... obviously to be voted on at a meeting later... but still pretty awesome first draft methinks!

I suck at forums... so Adam, if I stuffed up the pic upload let me know!

burleighbrewers.jpg

:lol: worked like a charm...excuse the roughness of it, massive day at work so just knocked this out this afternoon before I left

As I said to Damien via email I'm keen and looking forward to the 13th.

Great to see the enthusiasm.

When do we get a t-shirt :)

Damian

Well I've already organised a lift and the wife has put it on the calendar so I hope there's a beer involved!

Damian.

Damian that is awesome! I have cleared the meeting with my little lady too, and she is more than happy to have a whole bunch of random beer drinking/talking guys over if we can't get the use of Burleigh Brewing on the 13th.

I don't have a backyard, but I reckon having us all pile into our living room and balcony will be a hoot!

As for food, if everyone just chips in, we should be able to get a crap load of pizzas delivered.... shaping up to be a great night!

As for shirts, that would be one of our first matters of business methinks.... well after sampling all our wares obviously!

I will have a dry stout, APA and a Dortmunder export on tap for the nighttime festivities also.

I will also look into tasting cups like BABBS... can anyone point me in the right direction there?

Cheers,

Damien

Sounds like this is going to be a good night!! Unfortunately I will be driving down (work and an extremely busy wife has forced this hand) so only a couple of me.

Depending on how many come I have a couple of bottles of my Kick In The Teeth Stout left over (only 750mL though) which can be sampled and I have a bottle or 6 of my IPA (1.25L)

This is going to be great!!!! :beerbang:

Love your beer names Tricache!

Have shot a few emails around regarding getting some tasting glasses, and shirt info.

BUT, as I am finding out, there is some serious talent in the pool of tentative members so far!

So, with that in mind, if anyone has any ideas, or has had experience with sourcing tasting glasses (apart from nicking them from BABBS!) and club shirts feel free to message me.

Cheers,
Damien

PS also, how the hell do I put a pic under my name like everyone else has???

yes yes... i am a forum newb.. no need to rub it in...

The Gold Coast Local Cooperative of Brewers....or

"Go-Co Lo-Co brewers" ;) ;) ;)

Franko will be happy

HAHHAHA noice...

I can just imagine trying to dribble that name at the end of a big session ;)

Latest posts

Back