Gold Coast Home Brewers Unite!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooh nice.... speaking of bus trips.... we could always look into organising a bus trip to BABBS.... now THAT would be an interesting toilet stop filled ride home!

I have a MR licence too...

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! Just had a very, very positive chat with the Burleigh Brewing guys, and have a meeting next Wednesday with Brennan the head brewer and his partner Peta. Sooooooo, things are looking very good for our future HQ! However, we need another name apparently... any ideas?? Something with "Gold Coast" or GC in it methinks... Winner gets a longneck of my award winning Lambic Framboise!

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! Just had a very, very positive chat with the Burleigh Brewing guys, and have a meeting next Wednesday with Brennan the head brewer and his partner Peta. Sooooooo, things are looking very good for our future HQ! However, we need another name apparently... any ideas?? Something with "Gold Coast" or GC in it methinks... Winner gets a longneck of my award winning Lambic Framboise!

Gold Coast Brewing Club?

GC/BC in AC/DC font - Squealer I think it's called online...

Logo sorts itself.

SPAZ

Surfers Paradise Area Zymurgists

Edit - dont get all PC on me please.

I like something simple like "Gold Coast Home Brewers".

Either that or SPAZ :)

I had to google "Zymurgists".
And I then I had to google SPAZ.

"Space Pirates and Zombies" is interesting take on it.

hahaha nice...

my fave so far is Adams one.

the GoldCLUB.
Gold coast Local United Brewers... we could also be the GoldCLUBB... as in, United BEER brewers...

I guess we will just have a vote at our first meeting.

Unfortunately, I can see a few probs with SPAZ.... hilarious though...!

[/size]1st Gold Coast Home Brewing Club Meeting announcement.

Meet at my apartment in Burleigh this Thursday. If you haven't already joined the facebook group, then PM me for the address.

Feel free to bring some snacks, but I will be putting a couple of snags on the BBQ for anyone who is peckish.

Bring along a bottle or three of your homebrew for us toall try. If you are only starting out in the hobby, don't worry, there will be lots to try from other brewers who have a full beer pipeline!

7pm arrive and start tasting each others beers.

7:30pm Kick meeting off with a few icebreaking questions.Eg. When did you start homebrewing and how. Are you an all grain or extract brewer. What has been the best beer you have made so far. What has been your beer club experience in the past?

8pm I will talk of the future possibilities of having Burleigh Brewing Company as our meeting HQ. Also of the necessary name change to avoid copywrite. Brainstorm and vote on a name.

8:30pm Continue with the beer tasting and open discussion.

10:30pm (ish) meeting close and stumble home confident inthe fact that the GOLD COAST NOW HAS A HOME BREW CLUB!!! Wooohooo!

If I was down that way, would be happy to pop along to lend a hand - sadly it's unlikely to happen, but great work getting this up and running. Can only be a good thing for the QLD beer scene!

Cheers!

If I was down that way, would be happy to pop along to lend a hand - sadly it's unlikely to happen, but great work getting this up and running. Can only be a good thing for the QLD beer scene!

Cheers!

Thanks Nick!
Yeah, shame you can't swing by, but feel free to come to the next one!

Thanks again for the support!

Cheers,

Damien

No worries, will keep it in mind. If you could type a strongly-worded letter to SWMBO regarding my current and future attendance as being 'vital' we might have a deal ;)

And if you could organise a pick-up and drop-off at the train station I'd be laughing ;)

No worries, will keep it in mind. If you could type a strongly-worded letter to SWMBO regarding my current and future attendance as being 'vital' we might have a deal ;)

And if you could organise a pick-up and drop-off at the train station I'd be laughing ;)

Hey Nick

If you take the train all the way to varsity , its easy for me to pickup if needed in the future. (edit: if held at burleigh brewing then it be nice jog/stroll from varsity, but even
easier pickup)

Andrew

If the Burleigh Brewing venue comes off - it's walking/stagger distance from Varsity Lakes train station!

Now, for that letter for the wife...

Is it massively tragic that I had to google SWMBO???

Meeting with Burleigh Brewing on Wednesday, so hopefully I will have some interesting news to talk about at Thursdays meeting.

Imagine the street cred of a homebrew club MEETING in a brewery... OPPOSITE the Black Uhlans bikie clubhouse...

Awesome... just awesome...

Yeah, I know! Did a few weeks of work experience with Brennan and Peta down there a few years back. Much easier now there's a station at Varsity! Was bit of a bus ride from Robina when I was down there!

Will try to make next month - I'm absolutely sure this month is out after I brewed 2 double batches today on my day off :)

EDIT: Plus the fact I work for QR means I don't even need to pay for the trip is an even bigger bonus ;)

Back