Going On A Cruize

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sav

Brewing at the battered's shed
Reaction score
Hi brewers we are going on the p&o DAWN on sat cant wait for the food I suppose I will be drinking commercial shit beer for a week.Has anyone been on it .

I will try to drop in to the micro at vanuatu to get my porter fix.

see you when I get back.

ps I have plenty of b&n podcast on the ipod.
sav

My folks have been on a few cruises. Yup shit beer and expect to pay $5 a bottle for it also. Plus gratuity (gratuity isn't optional for some inane reason. It's a fkn rip). Have fun

SWMBO and her sister went on a PnO cruise to Vanuatu etc - I didn't go because I would rather spend two weeks in the third circle of Hell, but that's just me and all the best - however when I dropped her off at Portside I was watching them load the beer - pallets and forklifts and a big conveyor belt disappearing into the bowels. VB, Corona, Corona, Corona, Crown, Crown, VB, Corona, Corona.................. :unsure:

The other thing is that, being a big ship, where it docks is the total arse end of town full of warehouses, social housing blocks inhabited bums that can't get a visa to a better life in New Zealand - however if it were me I'd ignore the guided tours, grab a bus or taxi and spend the day poking round the more attractive ends of the island - you might find some gems :icon_cheers:

Have been on a couple of P&O cruises. Excellent food. Plent to do.
They had Tooheys Old which at least has some flavour.
When they say to book your shore trips before getting there as they might be full, don't , there will be plenty of spaces and cheaper, especially places like Vanuatu.

If you don't have a good time, its your fault.

cheers

Wife and I did a 13 day to NZ on the Princess ship...drank Grolsch most of the time(500ml swing tops)...Beer was pretty much the same $$ across the brands, and volumes(375 or 500ml, no diff??) except XXXX gold(cheapest at $4.50 a can)

..Also the bourbon was the same whether it was Jim, Jack or Turkey

Pays to check the price list...

Cheers for the replys guys the missus works for flight centre so for the 3 of us it was a bit over 1000 so pretty good price really.
sav

Hey Sav.

Went on the Dawn in Sept '09. Had an awesome time! (did a 10 day cruise around New Caledonia). Most bars are completely lager'd up, but I found the Bengal bar stocks a bunch of Matilda Bay beers. Found myself drinking Fat Yak most days :)

The food is amazing. Believe everything you hear :p

Back