Gmk In Queensland

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batz said:
THE ANSWER IS NO !!!
These guys haven't met Kenny yet , they will at 6.00 pm on the 8th , try asking this question at 7.30 pm
Batz

I think our humour has a lot in common Batz. Can't wait to meet you. :lol:

Any suggestions from the locals regarding accommodation for this coming friday night within stumbling distance of the Oxford 152? Planning on coming down for the meet GMK on the Friday night, and not having much luck finding anything in that area.

Cheers

cool - will be good to see you there.....

hopefully one of the other guys might be able to put you up for the night.....

.......AHB Hospitality usually prevails.

GMK said:
cool - will be good to see you there.....

hopefully one of the other guys might be able to put you up for the night.....

.......AHB Hospitality usually prevails.
[post="66058"][/post]​

Don't want to offend/impose, as there will be two of us and we'll be running late, so a hotel/motel room that is reasonable is what we're looking for (checkin, park the ute and stroll to 152). Couldn't find anything in walking distance at wotif.com, might have to settle for taxi dash from the CBD.

Gday guys
I spoke with the duty manager yesterday whilst at the sunday sesh. and it seems that they will only reserve a table for catered events - and as i dont know the exact numbers or what people want to eat i thought it was best that we just lob up on Friday - we will get a table at some stage.
Nonic - there arent any motels within walking distance unfortunately, but if you are staying in the city why not catch the citycat to Bulimba and then walk up Oxford Street (about 400m) it is a beautiful 20 minute journey and the last cat back to the city leaves at about 10.30pm

All Set for this arvo guys?

Will see you all there about 6ish.

Cheers!

See you there Slugger...

I wonder if GMK & family have arrived.... "Are we there yet?"....."Are we there yet?" - bet it's been a lovely drive :D :D

I'm thirsty already! :beer: I'll be ther at 6. Ken told me he'd be ther after tea, around 7.30.

Cheers - Snow.

Snow said:
I'm thirsty already! :beer: I'll be ther at 6. Ken told me he'd be ther after tea, around 7.30.

Cheers - Snow.
[post="66655"][/post]​

After tea!!! I thought he was up here for a drink!!! :D We'll be half blind by then...

I'm definitley coming tonight so will finish packaging up the hops for everyone, don't know what time though, hopefully not too far past 6

Hoops

Just scoping out who i should be looking for when I get there having only ever met ross before.. for those others who might not have met others here is the best pic I could find which has some brissy boys at the brew day a while back:

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/Bris...-t5067-s30.html

I'm soon to head off to this as the bus/ferry takes 1.5 hours so I guess I'll see you all there, should get there just after 6.

Cheers!

What a night guys - still feeling slightly pissed this morning - Was great to catch up again & to meet some new faces - I won't risk naming everyone who was there, just in case I miss someone, though I think I can remember you all...

Looks like some of you are coming over on Friday to help me run my stocks down before I head off to the UK, haven't a clue who said they were coming, so let us know, so I can sort some food out....

Hope you enjoyed your welcome to Qld Ken :D

I'm kinda glad I didn't go and kinda wish I had gone at the same time! I had a busy day today finnishing off my ag setup so I need to be feeling ok!

sounds like a great night though. suprised the pub had enough beer for a HB meetup!!

p.s. Wolf is a pretty cool dude Ross!

Thanks for the Queensland Hospitality Guys.

The Bulimba night was tops - the next day was not too crash hot - i think i drank too much.

Checking Ross's setup out and playing pinball and pool in his bar was grand.

The Batz Brew Day was sensational and a great way to finish the holiday.

It was great catching up with so many fellow brewers and putting names to faces.

Thanks again.

GMK said:
Thanks for the Queensland Hospitality Guys.

The Bulimba night was tops - the next day was not too crash hot - i think i drank too much.

Checking Ross's setup out and playing pinball and pool in his bar was grand.

The Batz Brew Day was sensational and a great way to finish the holiday.

It was great catching up with so many fellow brewers and putting names to faces.

Thanks again.
[post="69169"][/post]​

Ken, Good to see you got home safely & glad you enjoyed our Qld hospitallity. - Always nice to have an excuse for a few beers :D

Thanks Ross...

How is the British Beer Festival Going?

GMK said:
Thanks Ross...

How is the British Beer Festival Going?
[post="69184"][/post]​

Starts Tuesday next week with the trade day - 1 of the micros gave me tickets, so looking forward to catching up with kook & sampling a few...

Unfotunately I'm shooting off to Libya to look at some scrap - just praying the visa takes a while, or I'm gonna miss the festival - BLOODY WORK....

Latest posts

Back