Glass Lid For Mash Tun

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got around to knocking up this lid for the mash tun yesterday. It's made of 10ml perspex which is hinged across the centre. Have not tested it under brew conditions but think it will most probably fog up with the condensation but the mash can still be viewed by lifting the flap. The lid fits snug & sits on a ledge just below the rim. Don't know if the perspex will be a good heat retainer but as my tun is double walled and direct heat fired I don't think that should be a problem. Previously had a styro foam plug which did not allow any access during the mash so this is a step forward.

Cheers, Hoges.

View attachment 29823
View attachment 29824
View attachment 29825
View attachment 29826

JEEBUS :eek: , thats impressive. what sort of motor is that?

:icon_cheers:

<_< Don't even think about it and don't get any ideas Sully!!! We have my HERMS to wire up and getting your brewery back on line first...

Oh and no one encourage him ok! <_<

Cheers

Chappo

The motor is a bar-b-q spit rotisserie that I bought on ebay about 18 months ago. It turns at 15 rpm which is spot on to run the mash stirrer.

Cheers, Hoges.

Looking great Hoges - Please let us know how well it works.

+++

:icon_offtopic: Guys, is there really a need to keep copying the original posters pics in all your replies :ph34r:

Cheers Ross

<_< Don't even think about it and don't get any ideas Sully!!! We have my HERMS to wire up and getting your brewery back on line first...

Oh and no one encourage him ok! <_<

Cheers

Chappo
Dont need your opinion... :ph34r:

The motor is a bar-b-q spit rotisserie that I bought on ebay about 18 months ago. It turns at 15 rpm which is spot on to run the mash stirrer.

Cheers, Hoges.

Cheers Hoges, bloody fantastic idea.

Got around to knocking up this lid for the mash tun yesterday. It's made of 10ml perspex which is hinged across the centre. Have not tested it under brew conditions but think it will most probably fog up with the condensation but the mash can still be viewed by lifting the flap. The lid fits snug & sits on a ledge just below the rim. Don't know if the perspex will be a good heat retainer but as my tun is double walled and direct heat fired I don't think that should be a problem. Previously had a styro foam plug which did not allow any access during the mash so this is a step forward.

Cheers, Hoges.

View attachment 29823
View attachment 29824
View attachment 29825
View attachment 29826

That is bloody beautiful! That idea for agitation is the bees knees!

Latest posts

Back