Ginger taste in all my beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moad

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in my head but I think I can taste ginger in all of my beers.

I'm using a 6 way gas manifold, is it possible for odour to seep from a keg of ginger into my other kegs? I've put the ginger on a separate regulator just in case, if it turns out this is the issue is there a valve or something I can get to stop this?

does your manifold have check valves in it if not fit them.
can happen if you over carbonate then hook up and it will flow through to all kegs hooked up.

Yeah one way check valves on your gas lines stop cross contamination of aromas between kegs.

I was using the push-in type from keg king until I got a manifold with built in check valves. I wouldn't recommend them. Go with the barbed type.

LHBS had them in stock so I picked them up. It might be psychological but I think I noticed a difference already.

also if you're a dedicated ginger brewer (?) i believe in having a ginger fermenter and a beer fermenter... doesn't stand to reason that anything could taint plastic after bleach, PBW, sunlight and starsan... but i'm convinced my fermenter was tainted by ginger, so now my ginger fermenter is only a ginger ferm....

Yeah i have a ginger only fermenter, keg and tap. Gas was the only potential contamination, not any more!

Latest posts

Back