Ginger Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil123

Reaction score
I've got a batch of Morgans Ginger beer just about finished and ready to keg. I'm a newbie to kegging ginger beer and have a couple of questions before I keg it. Is it best to add it to a container and chill for a week before kegging? or just bung it straight into a keg? I ask this because does the sediment have the ginger flavour in it or is it just dead yeast? Also do I gas it up the same as beer, or does it need a higher carb pressure?. And lastly, a mate suggested adding a bottle of stones green ginger wine to it to give it some extra "zing" Has anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

What is your calculated alc% based on your gravity readings? You'd need to add a metric shedload of Stones to add anything worth describing as a "zing". I love both Stones and GB (but not Stones GB, funnily enough) but reckon if you were to add enough Stones to kick it up a notch (BAM!) the effect might be a little unfavourable. If you've already got something near the alc% you want I'd leave it as is - add Stones to taste in the glass if you need to.

Back