Get Together/Case Swap 7th July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the sideways rain.....

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to swapping beers and giving and getting feedback, given so much has changed with my processes, ingredients and the temps, it'll be interesting to see where I'm at.

I have an APA that will be sorted. If I can part with barleywine (which will only have a month in the bottles, so maybe not) that, and possibly the Munich Vienna cross I'm doing. Depending on how that turns out.

Also, I've recently come into possession of a blichmann hoprocket. I'm not much of an ipa man as far as brewing goes, but if someone wants to bring along a keg of ipa we could randalise that ******* up with a heap of hop flowers of your choice.

I'd be keen to come along and meet some fellow brewers.

Happy to inflict some of my noob AG beer on everyone. Will either be the Schwartzbier ale clone from PistolPatch's BIAB guide or some sort of Traditional Ale SMaSH.

Is this going to be a sausage fest or are we bringing partners. Mrs LagerBomb can talk beer for a while, but she does get sick of it after a while.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Normally I have hibernated for the winter by this time of the year but I will happily come out for such an occasion. I will chuck something down as soon as I get back from my golf study tour of Coffs Harbour next week.
Cheers
Paddy

At this stage I'm planning to post over a ragtag sample of beers to TasChris so that they get a few weeks to settle down after the transit.

I doubt I will have just one swap beer, but I will try to have enough for everyone to get a taste of something either on the night or to take home. Most likely a few pommy styles, maybe a Belgian, some APAs.

Tickets are booked.

I'm thinking an oatmeal stout.
Brewed it a couple of weeks ago.
Didn't have the "right" ingredients or quantities so I sort of made it up as I went along.
Tasting alright though. Now - where did I put those bloody bottles???
Might just bring 1/2 a keg instead.

Looking like a good turn out. And by all means my wife would like some other halves to tag along so as not to be a total beer talk-athon.

Sorry to bump this at possibly the wrong time, but...

I'm not sure of my movements in the next probably 5 months or so.

If I can't make it on the day (and I'll be unlikely to stay), would it be possible to drop some bottles off earlier at your place, James and then next time I'm over after the 7th July, grab my allotment?

I may end up dropping off your Robinox at the same time.

Usually I'd PM this, but it's one of those communal things, given someone else will have to sort out my bottles.

And OK to bottle in glass?

All good. Glass fine by me, I think that plastic only deal was a QLDer thing.....you know how they can be. I'm sort of living between here and Flinders Island for the next month but drop off either here or at Scott's and we'll work it out from there.

Rye porter is probably not going to happen in time for my swap so I'll be contributing a "Supposedly Columbus But I Doubt It" home grown hop harvest pale ale. Being brewed on Saturday.....with new shiny bits for the brewery.

jlm said:
All good. Glass fine by me, I think that plastic only deal was a QLDer thing.....you know how they can be. I'm sort of living between here and Flinders Island for the next month but drop off either here or at Scott's and we'll work it out from there.

Rye porter is probably not going to happen in time for my swap so I'll be contributing a "Supposedly Columbus But I Doubt It" home grown hop harvest pale ale. Being brewed on Saturday.....with new shiny bits for the brewery.
Thanks mate. Full glass is all I can manage, though it appears as though the Dev Kmart has some Coopers PET. If you're not around, I'll give Scott a yell.

Speaking of "QLDer things" - I reckon it'll be a case of spot the Taswegian this year.

The Hop Harvest Pale Ale sounds fantastic.

I don't reckon my Vienna x Munich will be ready yet, and I'm going to brew (hopefully this weekend) a Belgian-ish beer for SWMBO. So I reckon it'll be the bits and pieces APA, which is coming good now.

I'm in Hobart for work, so (shock) I'll grab some Rye from THBS, as I'm thinking of doing an American Stout with Rye and possible pitching it on the cake from the Belgian.

The 7th of July you say... somewhere near Launceston you say.... I happen to be flying out of Launceston on the 7th... not sure what time but possibly too early for a beer :( Would love to crash an interstate get together for a quick pre-flight beer if timing allows and such a concept is acceptable to the gracious host :)

edschache said:
The 7th of July you say... somewhere near Launceston you say.... I happen to be flying out of Launceston on the 7th... not sure what time but possibly too early for a beer :( Would love to crash an interstate get together for a quick pre-flight beer if timing allows and such a concept is acceptable to the gracious host :)
Not much interstate, Ed. jlm, Dantehicks and me are all Qlders (well I assume they are, they came from Brisvegas too).

You can see what we all manage to do, now we don't have craftbrewer a short drive away ( :( )

edschache said:
If you can make it cart your ass along. I'm about a 45 minute drive from the airport (30 minutes the other side of town) so if you can make it stop by. Beers will be cracked early that day anyway.

Afraid I won't be able to make it this time. Turns out I've gotta be in Melbourne that weekend.

Kudzu said:
Afraid I won't be able to make it this time. Turns out I've gotta be in Melbourne that weekend.
Well I'm going to put on Oktoberfest again this year so if nothing else comes up before then we'll see you then.

I can put down a keg of IPA to run through the randal if you like mate. I have been meaning to crack out the B Saaz for a few brews.

DanteHicks said:
I can put down a keg of IPA to run through the randal if you like mate. I have been meaning to crack out the B Saaz for a few brews.
Yeah, do it. Swap beer didn't get brewed today and won't tomorrow........Brewing for work Monday, then 9 days at Flinders then another 2 days at the brewery.......Back up swap beer (assuming I don't get to brew in time) is a Germanian Pilsner which is about due to be kegged.

I have an assignment due tomorrow night so I wont be brewing tomorrow either, hopefully next weekend. Any chance I can borrow your mill either tomorrow or Monday night?

Yeah tomorrow would be good...I'll give you a ring in the morning.

Latest posts

Back