Get Together/Case Swap 7th July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my brew done a few weeks ago. I dont reckon we will be staying the night, as I still l have night shift the next day, so I think we will be there for a few hours in the afternoon.
How many are we looking at for the swap?
Cheers
LagerBomb

Swaplist:

1.jlm
2.Goomba
3.Taschris

Who else?

1.jlm
2.Goomba
3.Taschris
4. LagerBomb

Had a slight problem with my swap beer - I drank it all - currently brewing a replacement. I'll have you all know that my swap beer was pretty fricking good, hence thats why you are not getting it. Got a dirty old IPA here, just for jlm - as bitter as my Mother in Law.

Cheers
LagerBomb

Looks like an APA/IPA a thon.

I'm hoping (Still not there yet) to bottle my Vienna Munich Cross, but I'm struggling to find time to scratch myself. If I do, then someone might end up with bottles of that (if I can carbonate and taste it in time and it's good enough), if not, someone might get a bottle of barleywine, if my missus keeps having a jab at my IPA.

C'mon guys, if you're in, commit - great opportunity for Tassie brewers to experience what the big city brewers do.

Keep your missus out of that APA/IPA.
Ive got something else planned for the swap - not an IPA - just keeping that one for jlm - bloody Launcestonites - deserve all they get.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Mainlanders more like it. They're a lot less strange in Launny than Port Sorell, at any rate.

I'll try to keep the missus out of the APA/IPA. It's not a bad beer, and pretty chick-friendly.

Hopefully there's some EPA, Porters, Alts or something interesting that comes through in this swap.

I will be posting/bringing beer to Taschris' place in the week before this...but then I can't guarantee that we don't drink it all at his place haha. At any rate, it doesn't make logistical sense for me to swap so much as just bring some bits and pieces that people can try on the spot - an English bitter and a Northern Brown being the main contenders.

Looking forward to it. Any more details jlm? I see the date of the 'swap' is Sunday 7th - so is that also the day of imbibing at your place? Got any more detail/specifics worked out?

Whattya know, I got the date wrong. I was intending for the whole box and dice to go down on the Saturday the 6/7, giving everyone a sunday to deal with any potential hangovers......Obviously people may have planned things by know so the date is flexible as far as I'm concerned.........

Any objections to putting it on on Saturday the 6/7?

As far as details/specifics go.........I have the capacity to put on 9 taps here but that doesn't include QDs and gas. Basically I've got the kegorator which holds 4 taps and is self sufficient as far as gas goes and I've got a 4 tap font which I was going to set up temporarily. That would need a kind donation of a Co2 bottle and manifold to get it up and running. Also have a picnic tap.

Ideally if you were going to bring a keg if you could bring a gas and beer QD and some beer line it would be much appreciated.

Swizzle asked earlier if there was any bottling from keg facilities available and the answer is yes......Have one of those PET screwcap CPBF's. Its never been used but I'm intending to bottle my swap beer out of it so it should be working on the day if anyone wants to join the swap that way.

As far as food goes hopefully we'll have a few legs of venison to cook, and if that's not your thing, I've got a couple of roosters who are going to be residing in the freezer as of this weekend. All will consumed on bread rolls, real casual like. If I could ask a couple of attendees to bring along a salad or two, it would be much appreciated

And if you're able to, bring along a camping chair on the chance the bonfire will be lit. If the weather's miserable there's plenty of room indoors.

Offers to stay/set up in the back yard are still valid.

Any time you feel like carting your ass around after midday or so, go for it.

Bonfire pile is looking healthy, lets hope its dry enough to combust.
IMG_0483.jpg
Sadly working on Flinders a lot recently means vege garden has gone to shit (before anyone comments).

Veggie garden has gone to shit.

I'm going to bump this baby, as it's only 2 and a bit weeks away. I'll be a non-attendee but a swapper. I have (despite having a cold) bottled my Munich/Vienna cross with Southern hops, and I have a few bottles of APA.

Looking forward to sharing some beer around, so if you haven't added your name to the list, hurry up! :D

Yes we will keep the bumping of the thread

So who's swapping and who's bringing a keg? Scott (DanteHicks) has brewed a Moteuka IPA which we'll randalise the shit out of with some motueka flowers (I'm not sure how hop flowers from NZ made it into my fridge here in Tassie but we'll make the most of it....), I'll put a Schwarzbier and German Pils on, one of which will be my swap beer, and if I get time to brew it, a pale ale with home grown mystery hop.

That only makes 4 beers at the best......that's barely a session.

I'm sure I more people talking about this earlier on?

My plan is still to post a heap of beers over to Tas Chris and to try to bring what we don't drink heh heh.<br /><br />While I am not 'swapping' in the formal sense, I would be more than happy to swap a longneck with both jlm and LRG as I have had PM/chat dealings with the two of these characters in the past etc...although you both might get different beers from me haha!

I have just bottled my Fairy Penguin Pale Ale which I will be bringing along for drinking/swapping. I wont be tying a big one on but will knock up a salad of sorts for the table.

If the swap is on Saturday, (as I thought it was) then we will be there for a few hours. I won't be overindulging due to shiftwork commitments. I am quite happy to knock up a salad or something. Let me know what you want, maybe bread rolls?
Anyway, I have a Baltic Porter to swap, but I won't be bringing the rest of the keg, as it is needed for the next weekend. Sorry about that fellas.
Do we prefer plastic or glass bottles for the swap. Need to know so I can empty a few over the next few days. :drinks:
Swap list as it stands
1.jlm
2.Goomba
3.Taschris
4. LagerBomb
5.Paddy

Cheers
LagerBomb

Has anybody had a yak to DanteHicks?

I think he's still got some bottles left (I've run out, so I must have forgotten to get those bottles off him after all that), so he should be able to bottle, if other commitments allow.

I'll be bringing an APA and/or Vienna x Munich brewed with Sylva hops. Seems pretty clean out of the fermenter, but mightn't be ready for drinking that day.

With work being the way it is, I'll probably not be there for the day - and I'll possibly drop it off to jlm's place (after organising with him) once I know what's going on. I'm in Hobart (again) this weekend, and who knows what's going on after that.

LagerBomb said:
If the swap is on Saturday, (as I thought it was) then we will be there for a few hours. I won't be overindulging due to shiftwork commitments. I am quite happy to knock up a salad or something. Let me know what you want, maybe bread rolls?
Anyway, I have a Baltic Porter to swap, but I won't be bringing the rest of the keg, as it is needed for the next weekend. Sorry about that fellas.
Do we prefer plastic or glass bottles for the swap. Need to know so I can empty a few over the next few days. :drinks:
Glass or plastic....don't matter. Mine will all be in plastic. Lets book you in for a salad.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Has anybody had a yak to DanteHicks?

I think he's still got some bottles left (I've run out, so I must have forgotten to get those bottles off him after all that), so he should be able to bottle, if other commitments allow.

I'll be bringing an APA and/or Vienna x Munich brewed with Sylva hops. Seems pretty clean out of the fermenter, but mightn't be ready for drinking that day.

With work being the way it is, I'll probably not be there for the day - and I'll possibly drop it off to jlm's place (after organising with him) once I know what's going on. I'm in Hobart (again) this weekend, and who knows what's going on after that.
Yeah Scott's up to date, had a beer with him (after he drove me to the hospital to get a metal splinter removed from my eye) on saturday, don't know if he's got a beer in the swap but he's bringing a keg along (the above randalised moteuka IPA). We can probably run off some bottles of that if he's got nothing else and is keen. I think he's flat out at work this week so I wouldn't expect him to pop up here any time soon.

If you're looking for a beer on Saturday arvo I'll be in Hobart with a bunch of mates (Don't worry, they're all QLDers) drinking beers around the good spots before some awesome thrash metal from america in an awesome tiny venue with cooper's sparkling and stout on tap (Take note, every other punk/metal pub in the country). PM me if you wanna get out.

I'll keep bumping the thread to try to get the others attention.

Latest posts

Back