Get Together/Case Swap 7th July

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been out a few times James.
Went to brushy a week ago trying for an atlantic salmon (stockie) but managed a nice little brownie instead. My mate got a salmon.
Had a great trip to Scamander a couple of weeks ago and got amongst some good bream.
Haven't been to Bridport for a couple of months, had a shit season there this year.

Spork said:
Been out a few times James.
Went to brushy a week ago trying for an atlantic salmon (stockie) but managed a nice little brownie instead. My mate got a salmon.
Had a great trip to Scamander a couple of weeks ago and got amongst some good bream.
Haven't been to Bridport for a couple of months, had a shit season there this year.
Ahhh, you're a braver man than me. One of the young blokes I've got working with me on Flinders is a Bridport local and he reckons there's been a trawler come through Anson's Bay a few times this year. The fishing on Flinders though........Christ.......1.5kg blackback salmon of the rocks......its crazy.

paddy2 said:
I have had a slight change of plan. Today I cracked open a Fairy Penguin Pale for quality assurance purposes but the cold weather has retarded the carbonation process. Fortunately I have a backup - my Spankme Bitte - an English/German ale which recently got the thumbs up from the boys at the Tam'O'Shanter Social Club. So I will bring that along with my potato salad.
That sounds good. I'm leaning towards my schwartzbier as my swap beer, everyone will get a chance to have a go at that and my Germanian/Kiwi pilsener as I'll be putting both on tap for the night. I wonder if you know my boss......? He's got a shack up there and I think plays a bit there too.......Will discuss on Saturday outside of the cold harsh transparency of the internets.

I posted 9kgs of beer to Taschris yesterday. Hopefully it will mostly all be calmed down in the fridge for a day or three before Saturday!

I have a mosaic A(I)PA (blurs across guidelines) which is nice and has been CPBF'd so hopefully it will retain plenty of carbonation etc. Still not enough for a full swap, but enough for people to try a few bits and pieces hopefully.

mmmmmm...... 9kg of beer.

Your A(I)PA sounds similar to mine. Numbers say it's borderline, I reckon it's just a hoppy-ish APA, nothing amazing. But lupulin threshold shift and all that.

I've also bottled my Munich/Vienna cross - not tried yet (Scary), but it tasted pretty decent from the fermenter, so I'll wing it.

I'm yet to bottle anything for a swap and still have to filter and keg 2 beers. Was going to last night but gas bottle was dangerously low. Tonight probably.

Big night friday night where the drunk and stoned gourmet (or gourmet redneck as he prefers) and I will be getting most of the cooking done which should make for a leisurely, if slightly hungover, Saturday.

Goomba.......I'll be working at the brewery next Friday so could arrange a drop off of swap beers if you want. It'll be a packaging day so I should get out of there around 2-3, could probably make it up to Shearwater if you're around.

Thanks heaps jlm. I'm usually out and about on Friday - so I can either get up to Railton in some down time or I'll organise to be home if that's easier. If you're taking the back way via Exeter/Frankford, you're pretty much at my place anyway.

Do you think you'll have room for empties, if I get hold of DanteHicks and grab some from him. I forgot them and I'm pretty low (I only have about 50 bottles) and a batch on the bubble without a home.

Bottled my swap this morning at 7.30 am. Tempting as it was, I didn't have a sample :lol:

Thought i might bottle my bits and pieces keg. You know, the keg with all the left over bits that you don't know what to do with. :chug:

Serioiusly though, you will have to wait and see. Tempting as it is, I am doing my best to empty whats left.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Thanks heaps jlm. I'm usually out and about on Friday - so I can either get up to Railton in some down time or I'll organise to be home if that's easier. If you're taking the back way via Exeter/Frankford, you're pretty much at my place anyway.

Do you think you'll have room for empties, if I get hold of DanteHicks and grab some from him. I forgot them and I'm pretty low (I only have about 50 bottles) and a batch on the bubble without a home.
Heaps of room in the ute, I'll speak to Scott and see what he's got. Whatever's easier for you........I have a sneaking suspicion I may in in for packaging 2 brews which might make it a long day......If thats the case I'll drop them at yours around 5. Will let you know.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Isn't bottling a pain, when you've been kegging a while?
Uggghhh. I'd managed to put of being involved with bottling at Railton up until now. I reckon yesterday was the first time I've bottled a beer in 4 years. I reckon I bottled 4 years worth too.

Better pack your thermals fellas - don't think its going to be very warm, forecast is a balmy 8.
Bloody Launcestonions, cant even get the weather right.
Cheers
LagerBomb (from tropical Burniie)

Who would have thought that could happen at this time of the year? Bonus points to anyone who can get the bonfire to combust.

Sadly the venison didn't come through but we've got some backup lamb marinating which will be cooked later tonight and a pair of my roosters who sadly departed this mortal coil recently gently cooking on the stove. Doubting that the gourmet redneck will be making his way up from the Huon tonight (the weather may be shit.......but at least we're not working on a salmon farm off Bruny in this crap) so the rabbit/salmon/wallaby courses may not appear until dinner.

Anyway......I'll be having a few QA samples of the schwartz tonight to confirm its drinkable and will catch up with all tomorrow.

I can see where this is heading - get to jlm tomorrow, see jlm red eyed and crook sitting next to an empty schwartz keg
"It was just too good, I couldn't stop"
LagerBomb

Probably....but there's 2 kegs.

"backup lamb" - they are the Kiwi ones right?

Spork said:

Spork said:
How do you know if a Kiwi's been in your house? Somethings been eating out of the garbage and the dog's pregnant. I love that joke.

LagerBomb said:
I can see where this is heading - get to jlm tomorrow, see jlm red eyed and crook sitting next to an empty schwartz keg
"It was just too good, I couldn't stop"
LagerBomb
Ha......who's the hungover drunk next to an empty keg now?

No hangover here buddy, just a bit of light hearted banter, thats all. Gotta keepem on their toes ya know.
Can't say the same for Mrs LagerBomb - had a few she did.

I was looking forward to meeting you all but I've been struck down with fuckedupitis and won't be making it tonight.

Have a good one and I look forward to actually attending a Tassie brewers gathering at some point. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back