Get Together At Barls

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
hey guys,
looking at august now for a get together at my place and drink some of the beers i brought back from my honeymoon. ok the ones im allowed to share.
so what date does everyone think. around the 27th is out for me as ill have my parent up and they hang around.

looking at the 15th at this stage

Ohhhh, I'm actually on Annual leave and will be back home, from memory the missus is also on leave which means she can look after the demon child.

This could be my introduction to ISB.

looking forward to seeing you here lets see if we can break the number last time of 4

Would you mind if I came along? I'm sure I could bring some poison homebrew for everyone to scoff at...

no why not mate the more the better

A mate and I have been brewing with kits a fiar bit lately and want to make the switch to AG, but would like a few pros to show us how. Recon we could come along and make this a brew-day for the ISB?

mmmm...Belgians, will be a pleasure to attend, if my homemade blue cheese is ready and edible by then that would be a good accompaniment to the beers

A mate and I have been brewing with kits a fiar bit lately and want to make the switch to AG, but would like a few pros to show us how. Recon we could come along and make this a brew-day for the ISB?
maybe we will see how it goes might just be a double batch of something.

mike the blue cheese sound interesting looking forward to it eventually.

I re-extend the offer of whatever goodies I can procure at this end of town and pack-mule over.

Hi guys, I'm back.

I will probably be there on the 15th - I'll reconfirm closer to the day.

I got back home a couple of weeks ago after no beer since last year. I have been rapidly making up for it since. I passed by the Bridge Road Brewery in Beechworth and met Ben Kraus. They to a great beer and pizza night if you are down that way. The beers are excellent. My pick is the porter as the best I have ever tasted. The APA and IPA are fantastic too. I'll bring some along to the brew day for taste testing.

Further along the rail trail in N Vic we stopped in Bright. We got there too late to visit the brewery so went to the local pub instead to have dinner. It was a bit of your chicken parmigiana and chips style of pub but I asked them if they stocked the local brew. The barman kind of responded with disgust that they didn't but I noticed that they had James Squire Porter on tap - so I ordered one. I sat down and took a sip....sour! I didn't think that JS had shifted the style to a lambic since I was away so I went back to the barman and asked him to taste it. He gave me a bottle of porter instead. This was totally lifeless and oxidised - confirmed by the use-by date being sometime in 2008. I gave up in defeat.

Looking forward to catching up.

arvo in to the night if last time was anything to go by.
still on at this stage.

G'day Barls,

Will try to make it over at least for a few hours early on.

Let me know next time you are planing to brew, I'd love to drop around and 'help'.

Cheers
Jason.

cool look forward to it and ill let you know when im going to brew again most likely not for a couple of weekends.

No worries.

Let me know what I can bring next weekend, food wise etc.

And when you get around to getting another brew organised, send me the recipie and I'll order the ingredients.

Latest posts

Back