German Pilsner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker9

Reaction score
1st glass from batch of German Pilsner. Yum.

1474026459278.jpg

What recipe did you use for this? Looks great hope it goes done as well as it looks. I am planning on a string of pilsners leading up to Christmas.

Thanks Kingy, wasn't aware of the protocol.

Randai, recipe 100% weyermann pilsner malt + 100% halletauer hops.

Cheers. Didn't know the protocol as well. But thanks for the recipe jbaker

I just brewed my summer pils today.
90% pils, 10% Cara-pils, 100% nelson Sauvin.

I'll dry hop with 15g as well for a little extra on the nose.
Absolutely beautiful for mid-summer :)

Its a nice balance for beer no matter how you brew it.
Its known as a style profile that is hard to get right.
I'm confused by that to be honest. Considering balance over authenticity of ingredients etc.

It's definitely a german/kiwi pils, I make no bones of an old/new world fusion of flavours. Part of the beauty if brewing :)

I did, though, brew an all English pale last week: all English pale malt, fuggles only and English yeast. It's a very interesting change from my AIPA.

I did a "citrus" lager with 95% pils 5% caramunich with Motueka for the hops and dry zested with lemon, lime and grapefruit.

Currently lagering away but initial tastings are very promising. It's going in the nsw xmas case swap

Reman said:
I did a "citrus" lager with 95% pils 5% caramunich with Motueka for the hops and dry zested with lemon, lime and grapefruit.

Currently lagering away but initial tastings are very promising. It's going in the nsw xmas case swap
I do a faux pilsner I call my citrus peelsner also use grapefruit and orange zest, used lemon and lime as well once but found that actually did bugger all. I'd use more if I could get them for free :)

Near 100% pilsner malt but carapils instead of caramunich

Latest posts

Back