German Beers In Germany

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loikar

Reaction score
Heading off to Germany on the 8th of Sept for a family wedding.
gonna be there only 2 short weeks, so I'm looking at putting together a list of best beers to drink while I'm there.

Please, post your suggestions and the style of beer and I'll knock a list together for my brother in law to add on the tour!

Cheers,

BF

Braufrau was in Germany recently, and had a thread with some of the beers she tried; there were a few suggestions for her chimed in as well.
link

Beerfingers, that depends very much on the place where youll be staying.

We have hundreds of good beers, you wont be able to try out all of it. So Id suggest you to drink only beers that are locally available. The big brand mega swill beers you may get everywhere.

Cheers, have a nice time :icon_cheers:

Beerfingers, that depends very much on the place where youll be staying.

We have hundreds of good beers, you wont be able to try out all of it. So Id suggest you to drink only beers that are locally available. The big brand mega swill beers you may get everywhere.

Cheers, have a nice time :icon_cheers:

G'day Zwickel,

Will be in Wuppertal for the majority of the time, but expect to be visiting cologne and other places near by.

Cheers mate

Yep - Its about the local beers. Drink the local styles from local breweries. Don't expect specialty beer bars in germany, or a huge range in the supermarket.
The Rhine area (dusseldorf/cologne), and a big chunk of the south are particularly good for beer. Depends on your travel plans!

G'day Zwickel,

Will be in Wuppertal for the majority of the time, but expect to be visiting cologne and other places near by.

Cheers mate
I see, so you dont need to search for beers, the beer will find YOU, you cant avoid to get flooded wit beer ;)

Cheers, keep care about your liver ;)

Don't know about the rest of Germany,but in Bavaria is seems you can pretty much only get Bavarian beer! So as zwickel suggested, plan according to the region you'll be in.

Just stay away from the ertinger! (sorry zwickel)

I see, so you dont need to search for beers, the beer will find YOU, you cant avoid to get flooded wit beer ;)

Cheers, keep care about your liver ;)

That's all you needed to say Zwickel, that's all you needed to say :D .......and as Homer would say...."pffffft, liver schmiver"

Cologne... now i'm jealous :)

There is heaps of Kolsch breweries in Cologne (funny that), PJ Fruh and Paffgen are both brewpubs worth a look... of course you can get the yeast when you get back home and feel like brewing it (WLP029 is Fruh and WY1010 is Paffgen)

If you go to Dusseldorf you have to go to Zum Uerige of course (WY 1007 is Zum Uerige :) )

Of course i've never been there but one day... one day...

Lets us know the good beers in Cologne and Dusseldorf as i will be there soon

Well lads, off to Germany for 2 weeks in the morning, will post thoughts on the samplings if I can get to a PC while im there.

Will post Photo's when I get back!

Prost!

BeerFingers!

Back