Gauging interest in ball lock keg bulk buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mardoo said:
WTF is that at the bottom of pic 10 (from the gumtree ad)?! :blink: :lol:

If it's a tap handle... it had better be for a stiff drink.

$_20.JPG

I've put myself down as being interested, and I've added a question regarding the PRV as they seem to be the "automatic" type going from the pictures? Bleeding from the gas in post might be a bit of a PITA...

UPDATE:

Turns out the kegs I was looking at are Firestone/Spartanburg kegs. They look almost identical to the standard corny kegs, but according to threads on US home brew sites, seem to be difficult/tricky to find spare parts for.
Also, the supplier hasn't gotten back to me with answers to several questions, so that sorta compounds the situation.

On the bright side, I finally figured my way through all the customs tariff classifications for a US-originating keg! Turns out it is covered by the AUSFTA so don't have to pay any customs duty :beerbang: ...too bad we don't get any :angry:

I'll see what I can do about sourcing kegs locally and getting a discount; John Preston from grain and grape said he recently bought 700 kegs, and there's a homebrew shop I know of in South Clayton that might be interested.
If that goes ahead, are people still interested?

Starting an in-thread keg count for those still interested in a local buy because not everyone could get into the google doc.

Same format (name - # kegs - max price each - mention if you're an interstater (postage might be an option))

talco92 - 4 kegs - $60

mofox1 said:
WTF is that at the bottom of pic 10 (from the gumtree ad)?! :blink: :lol:

If it's a tap handle... it had better be for a stiff drink.

$_20.JPG
It's for the cock ale tap

talco92 - 4 kegs - $60
Nickxb - 2 Kegs - $60 - Postage to Brisbane

Also keen on any mini kegs 9-9.5L if we can get them. Would pay more for those as they don't come up very often.

Same kegs as we were intending to get. Cornelius style and used. Only difference is someone has imported and pressure tested them already. Price will obviously be a bit higher

talco92 - 4 kegs - $60
StraussyStrauss - 5 kegs - $60

Bump.This tread might be going a little cold.

Whats the likely-hood of this going ahead? Or ..What numbers will we have to hit?

SS

StraussyStrauss said:
talco92 - 4 kegs - $60
StraussyStrauss - 5 kegs - $60

Bump.This tread might be going a little cold.

Whats the likely-hood of this going ahead? Or ..What numbers will we have to hit?

SS
Just heard back from a store in VIC that will go down to $55 per keg if we order a minimum of 50, and as long as we pay in one transaction. For an additional fee they will also ship individual orders to each of us. Shipping is dependent on location but if we give him a postcode he'll calculate shipping. On their ebay site they do 25.99 shipping for 4 kegs so I'm imagining a similar price/maybe more for handling.

EDIT: 9.5L mini kegs are available too. Price is $90 each if a minimum of 8 are ordered in total.

So, this is what the order process will look like:
1. Put yourself down for number of kegs and postcode for shipping
2. Once we have enough for a solid order I'll send the list off to the supplier (max 10 days from now, I don't want to wait forever)
3. Supplier will give me price breakdown for each of us. I'll PM this to each person.
4. Payments due within 10 days of that PM, along with your shipping address.
5. Single transaction to supplier. Happy days :beerbang:

I know this has been a bit of a knock around but we've finally found a good option so I hope those who were interested initially will get back on board.
Please update the in-thread list with your postcode for shipping quote. Price per keg doesn't matter any more as we know its $55!
PM's will go out to people who are on the google docs list to jump on this list instead:

talco92 - 4 kegs - 3104
Nickxb - 2 Kegs - Postage to Brisbane <postcode>
StraussyStrauss - 5 kegs - <postcode>

EDIT: for transparency, this is the supplier http://triplejbrewer.com.au/

technobabble66 said:
Any option on 9L kegs?

(I assume not, but just thought I'd ask).
nickxb said:
talco92 - 4 kegs - $60

Also keen on any mini kegs 9-9.5L if we can get them. Would pay more for those as they don't come up very often.
He's got brand new 9.5L kegs for $115, but I reckon he'd want a similar minimum order for those to offer a lower price. I'll ask in the meantime.

EDIT: Just heard back, "For the 9.5 L mini kegs, The wholesale price I can do is $90 each if you order 8 or more."

Thanks v much for chasing it up, talco.
That's a great price, but at the moment I think I'll pass - I'm short of pennies and given I don't *need* these, I'll keep waiting for a bigger bargain. (Though I may be waiting a long, long, long time!).
... It's v v tempting, I must admit.
Must ... resist ....

talco92 - 4 kegs - 3104
Nickxb - 2 Kegs - Postage to Brisbane <postcode>
StraussyStrauss - 5 kegs - <postcode>
Moad - 6 kegs - 2302

Cheers Talco. I think I'm going with the sensible head of TB. Much that I feel like I'm missing a bargain, I'm not currently filling more than two kegs at a time and I think I'll mostly have two empty kegs. Cheers but I'll pass this time.

Talco - 4 kegs - 3104

Nickxb - 2 kegs - Postage to Brisbane <postcode>

StrausstStrauss - 5 kegs - <postcode>

Moad - 4 kegs - 2302

Wardcliff - 1 keg + 2 x 9.5L (if they go ahead)
Otherwise

2 kegs - shipping to 2540

Edit: Totally cocked it up the first time

Latest posts

Back