Gauging interest in ball lock keg bulk buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i may have missed it but normally second hand ones have been serviced and have had seals replaced - so i guess you might want to factor that in...or not

Yob said:
Did you end up with a total price?
In conversation with the supplier at the moment, put I've been doing some number crunching for best/worst case scenario.
Looks like its not going to be worth it for me from an effort vs savings perspective, so if I went through with it it'd be more about the learning experience of importing into australia.

The way import taxes and fees seem to be applied is that there is a customs duty on the value of the goods depending on what 'class' they fall into (ranging from 4-9% usually, currently trying to find out what class used kegs fall into, and if they are covered in the US-Australian free trade agreement because they're american made), as well as a one-off fee for lodging a customs entry form ($50), as well as 10% GST payable on the SUM TOTAL of the value of goods plus customs duty, shipping, and insurance combined.....

Then there's also the price that the supplier will give me, which may range from A$40 per keg to A$20 depending on how many we order. Considering 100 kegs is their minimum purchase, we're looking at the high end of that. After all the number crunching, the max we'd pay per keg is A$55.30 and the minimum is A$34.10. Most realistically it'd be between $55.30 - $45.

I'd still be in at $50. I always replace all the seals anyway when I get them locally, so it's still a decent price.

You may be able to find some shops that'd be interested in getting in on it. That could help bring the price down.

I'd be keen for 2 or 3, depending how much more it would cost to get to me on NSW South Coast.

Yeah, I'd still be in for kegs at $50. And if they came into Melbourne, I'd be happy to go on a road trip to pick a load up.

I'd be keen on 2 for Brissy at that price but it'd probably be extra for freight up to here wouldn't it? Good idea though, nice one.

talco92 said:
Then there's also the price that the supplier will give me, which may range from A$40 per keg to A$20 depending on how many we order. Considering 100 kegs is their minimum purchase, we're looking at the high end of that. After all the number crunching, the max we'd pay per keg is A$55.30 and the minimum is A$34.10. Most realistically it'd be between $55.30 - $45.
What does "A$" mean?
AUD ? (USD? American$?)

Im in, Keen for 3 at a Max of $50 each, interstate Qld.
Just can't get that spread sheet working on my I pad? Must be a Dum Ass!

Haven't we tried this before and found it was unfeasable unless doing it at a pretty huge scale?

sp0rk said:
Haven't we tried this before and found it was unfeasable unless doing it at a pretty huge scale?
Unfeasible maybe from the organiser's value vs effort perspective, but if you're told you can get a keg for $50 and you just need to pick it up then I'd say it's a pretty damn good deal!

I'm pretty sure last time we looked into it, they ended up being around $75-$80 each including postage, duties, etc

Was about to post a thread to guage interest on this...timely.

I'll go in for 5 @ $50 a pop.

edit: adjusted number when realising this is in VIC

There was recently a gumtree ad with 1000 already landed in Aus.

Back