Gauging interest in ball lock keg bulk buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talco - 4 kegs - 3104
StraussyStrauss - 6 kegs - 3013
Moad - 6 kegs - 2302
Wardcliff - 1 keg + 2 x 9.5L (if they go ahead) OR 2 kegs - 2540
Tobyga - 2 keg + 2 x 9.5L - 2300
JoshR - 4 kegs (if they are manual prv) - 3044 (I'd also like to pick up if not too far from Pascoe Vale, otherwise shipping is fine)
Bevan - 2 kegs - 3431 ( happy to pick up from a Melbourne location, also had to scale back my qty due tightening the belt)
Goldstar - 6 kegs please - 2317 (that's three of us in the Newy area - Moad, Tobyga and I).
lost at sea - 4 kegs plz - 2290 (Thats four of us in newy area, goldstar Moad, Tobyga and I)
lewdogg - 4 - 2230
B Metcalfe 2 pls 2257 happy to collect with Newy guys
Stew T 3 Kegs- 3040 Happy to pay for delivery
warnerbrew - 2 keg + 2x 9.5L (Six of us in the newy area B Metcalfe, lost at sea, goldstar, Tobyga, Moad and I)
beet - 1 keg - 3012 - prefer pickup
gezzanet 2x 9.5L - 2303 (Seven of us in the newy area B Metcalfe, lost at sea, goldstar, Tobyga, Moad, warnerbrew, gezzanet)
Mikeyr 3 kegs - 2256 (I'm close to B Metcalfe, so depending on shipping costs, either in with Newcastle or a coast drop too?? Actually live in 2074 so if any Sydney guys want to join in I'm happy to bring the kegs down)

mofox1 said:
Hey talco, do you know if these are the Pepsi style or coca cola style cornies?

Reason being, the Coca-Cola ones are ~2cm wider and I can fit 5 Pepsi ones in my keezer, but only just.
They're ball lock corny kegs. Coca cola type is synonymous with pin-lock kegs, so safe to say this has the dimensions of a pepsi-type keg.
My ball lock that I bought from them has a diameter of 21cm and height of 63cm
EDIT: and on the phone the guy mentioned they only stock one type of ball lock

hope that helps

SBOB said:
any idea if the shipping will be cheaper/keg due to multiple Newcastle buyers (with a possible single delivery point if someone is happy to be the delivery/pickup location)?
Yep safe to say that shipping 12 kegs to one address will be cheaper than 4 kegs to three addresses. When the time comes to close the list to new orders we'll figure out who wants to ship together and I'll pass that on to the guy to get the price for it.

Stew the Cat said:
Well, by my count that's 50! (Plus a few 9.5l kegs).
Yep! we've reached critical mass for both types of keg. We'll leave the list open for a few more days so others have a chance to get in on this.
Also good to have numbers in case someone has to pull out - wouldn't want to drop below now!

talco92 said:
They're ball lock corny kegs. Coca cola type is synonymous with pin-lock kegs, so safe to say this has the dimensions of a pepsi-type keg.

hope that helps
Err, kinda. 'cept I was going to pick up some ball lock cornies from the recent Vic bulk buy and they were all coca colas, and were definitely the wider 23cm ones. So if we can get a confirmation on the dimensions that would be great.

talco92 said:
EDIT: and on the phone the guy mentioned they only stock one type of ball lock
Just saw the edit. Legend.

Talco - 4 kegs - 3104
Moad - 6 kegs - 2302
JoshR - 4 kegs (if they are manual prv) - 3044 (I'd also like to pick up if not too far from Pascoe Vale, otherwise shipping is fine)
Bevan - 2 kegs - 3431 ( happy to pick up from a Melbourne location, also had to scale back my qty due tightening the belt)
Goldstar - 6 kegs please - 2317 (that's three of us in the Newy area - Moad, Tobyga and I).
lost at sea - 4 kegs plz - 2290 (Thats four of us in newy area, goldstar Moad, Tobyga and I)
lewdogg - 4 - 2230
warnerbrew - 2 keg + 2x 9.5L (Six of us in the newy area B Metcalfe, lost at sea, goldstar, Tobyga, Moad and I)
gezzanet 2x 9.5L - 2303 (Seven of us in the newy area B Metcalfe, lost at sea, goldstar, Tobyga, Moad, warnerbrew, gezzanet)
Mikeyr 3 kegs - 2256 (I'm close to B Metcalfe, so depending on shipping costs, either in with Newcastle or a coast drop too?? Actually live in 2074 so if any Sydney guys want to join in I'm happy to bring the kegs down)
mofox1 - 3 kegs - 3153 but I'll pick up. Happy to be a collection point for others if you can't make it on the day & don't want to ship. Location Bayswater (Melbourne, eastern suburbs).

Talco - 4 kegs - 3104
Moad - 6 kegs - 2302
lewdogg - 4 - 2230
mofox1 - 3 kegs - 3153 but I'll pick up. Happy to be a collection point for others if you can't make it on the day & don't want to ship. Location Bayswater (Melbourne, eastern suburbs).
Fraser's BRB - 2 kegs - 2330 (but happy to pick up from Newcastle batch making 8 in newy area B Metcalfe, lost at sea, goldstar, Tobyga, Moad, warnerbrew, gezzanet, Fraser's BRB)

Talco - 4 kegs - 3104
Moad - 6 kegs - 2302
lewdogg - 4 - 2230
Fraser's BRB - 2 kegs - 2330 (but happy to pick up from Newcastle batch making 8 in newy area B Metcalfe, lost at sea, goldstar, Tobyga, Moad, warnerbrew, gezzanet, Fraser's BRB)
Cosdog - 6 kegs - 4054

I thought there were a couple of others in Brisbane but don't see any QLD post codes to try and coordinate with. I'll put my hand up for a distribution point if any other maroons join this BB.

Talco - 4 kegs - 3104
Moad - 6 kegs - 2302
lewdogg - 4 - 2230
Cosdog - 6 kegs - 4054
Nosco - 4 kegs

Could be keen for 2 depending on when pickup will be and how flexible it will be.

Talco - 4 kegs - 3104
Moad - 6 kegs - 2302
lewdogg - 4 - 2230
Cosdog - 6 kegs - 4054
Nosco - 4 kegs
Haciluku - 3 kegs, will pick up

Cool chalk me down for two, as I work shift work I may have to take up mofox on his generous offer depending on date of pick up.

Any Chance of us getting the Blacktop 9.5L kegs, I was in the store and at retail they sell for $10 more.

Back