Gas regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klosey

Reaction score
I have some trouble with gas leaks and have replaced keg spears, tightened A Coupler and checked fittings using soapy water . However have not been really happy with my current gas regulator. It is more than 12 years old. The psi readings have not been accurate so I have bit the bullet and have ordered this one. The specs read very good.

Attachments

• 0EC538AB-5CA1-4D5C-9C2B-27CF3199A5F4.jpeg
    0EC538AB-5CA1-4D5C-9C2B-27CF3199A5F4.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 26
Nice, i have a couple of these KL MKIV regulators, they seem to be hot property on KL as they seem to be constantly out of stock.

If you don't trust the Duotight fitting you can get a barbed MFL fitting from KL for a couple of bucks.

I'd be going for barbs on the gas side.
Too many stories of people losing full bottles of CO2 with Duotights when they aren't fitted properly or get flexed in tight spaces and leak.

Nice, i have a couple of these KL MKIV regulators, they seem to be hot property on KL as they seem to be constantly out of stock.

If you don't trust the Duotight fitting you can get a barbed MFL fitting from KL for a couple of bucks.
Agree Rrising. Had to wait a long time before they came in stock.🍻🍻🍻

Agree Rrising. Had to wait a long time before they came in stock.🍻🍻🍻

It's a fantastic unit, i have one on both my 6kg and 2.6kg tanks, the pressure knob is so much smoother than my old generic LHBS unit which didn't seem to work at lower pressures.

Last edited:
I'm using one with CO2 and one on a cylinder with 75% nitrogen and 25% CO2.
Much smoother than my first regulator that is on my portable cylinder.

I'd be going for barbs on the gas side.
Too many stories of people losing full bottles of CO2 with Duotights when they aren't fitted properly or get flexed in tight spaces and leak.

...and I am one of those. I agree about no duo tight on gas side. Beer side..no probs

Latest posts

Back