Gas Manifolds

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schooey

Reaction score
I saw a member here post a link to a US based supplier for CO2 manifolds with taps and check valves built in as standard. I contacted them regarding a bit of a mini bulk buy...

You can look at the manifolds here

The deal is, 3 x 4 way manifolds and 3 x 6 way manifolds in a box, flat rate to Aus for the cost of the manifolds and $35 postage. Therefore a 6 way manifold would be US$64.99 + US$6 postage, so about AU $80, landed here in Newcastle. A 4 way manifold would be US$ 45.99 + US $6, so circa AU $60. If local or Sydney buyers, I could organise to get them to you without any extra postage.

So here's the list...

4 Way Manifolds

6 Way Manifolds

1. schooey

Now also, just be warned that the supplier will not have any stock until mid January, so we may not see them until sometime mid to late February... All I'm doing is guaging some interest....

Cheers,

schooey

Perfect timing schooey, I have been looking for one of these.

4 Way Manifolds

6 Way Manifolds

1. schooey
2.Slimshadey

Cheers.

Simon.

4 Way Manifolds

6 Way Manifolds

1. schooey
2.Slimshadey
3.Leary

Awesome!!

I'll be up in Newy from Jan onwards, Perfect timing!!

Cheers

Leary

4 Way Manifolds

1. Sully

6 Way Manifolds

1. schooey
2. Slimshadey
3. Leary

Awesome Shooey, perfect timing.

I purchased a 3 way, then put a T in each line. I only have to turn off 3 valves to stop flow into all 6 kegs. It seems that any time I want to turn the gas off, it's to all 6 kegs. Technically, I could have just bought one valve, and 6 tees.

I purchased a 3 way, then put a T in each line. I only have to turn off 3 valves to stop flow into all 6 kegs. It seems that any time I want to turn the gas off, it's to all 6 kegs. Technically, I could have just bought one valve, and 6 tees.

You wouldn't need the manifold if you got 6 T's

I have the 7 plastic T's with taps (kegking cost $70) but for me, I got the manifold for the check valves, I do/did slow carbing through the beer out connector and I sent stuff(beer, nappi san) from one keg to another, probably wouldn't have been a prob if I did the carbonating through the gas in valve ? But these are the things you learn.

That's why I said I could just use one valve. I still need to be able toshut the gas off to them but keep the tank on, for when i am force carbing new kegs.

4 Way Manifolds

1. Sully
2. OLDS2006

6 Way Manifolds

1. schooey
2. Slimshadey
3. Leary

Hey Guys,

Just be aware that the hose barbs on these are 5/16 and you won't get standard gas line on them.

I bought one, from a different vendor, and thought I would change the hose barbs.
The check valves are in the barbs on mine so I couldn't do that.

I bought 8mm to 6mm brass barbs and had to reduce the line.

Bought them at ENzed hydraulic hose place, which I think is a national chain of stores, but not sure.

Not a problem, and still way cheaper than local.

Just a heads up.

Cheers,
bud

DSCF0028.JPG

I got mine from brewers discount and they are 1/4", which is what I think I am running for my gas.

Cheers for the heads up, Bud & mxd. I've sent an email to Brewers Discount to see what sort of a price they can give us for the 1/4" barb manifolds... will let you guys know...

Brewers Discounts have High Pressure Gauges are these RHT or LHT looking at the remainder of the thread on mine it appears to be RHT?

Anyone

Edit: Tidal Pete tells me that LHT is only for inflammable gas.

I would like a 6-way with 1/4'' barbs, could you order 4-6ways and 2-4ways?

Brewers Discounts have High Pressure Gauges are these RHT or LHT looking at the remainder of the thread on mine it appears to be RHT?

Anyone

Edit: Tidal Pete tells me that LHT is only for inflammable gas.

I reckon TP is right. I have several regs here and all have RHT on the gages. I do not have a torch set, so I can't look at one.
All the rest are either beer regs or welding gas regs.

I bought one of Drewers Discounts $37 regs. The nut for the gas bottle it different, but I found one in the shed and changed it.

Cheers,
bud

I just got mine off a guy on ebay. Hes been really good. His ID is - Brauman59

Went with one of these and am going to be using John Guest fittings throughout.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/4-wa...l-shutoffs.html

This is what I purchased -

4- 4" ss shanks @ $17.95ea. $71.80
4- ball lock sets W/ mfl fittings @ $13.95ea $55.80
4- perlick 525ss faucets @ $29.95ea $119.80
4- tap handles @ $3.00ea $12.00
1 - 4-way manifold w/ check valves and MFL fittings $58.95

I paid around $420AUD all up shipped to my door. Which I thought was a good deal.

Put me down for a 6-way if there's enough interest to double the current order.

Just went to a hose fitting mob today to suss out the prices, the manifold alone was about $40 so I am still happy at $60 populated, even if I have to change the barbs, may even go the John Guest fittings ;)

Cheers

Sully

Advantages -

- Quick break down (cleaning)
- 360 degree movement
- No need to heat the hose to get it on a barb (or stabbing yourself)
- Once its on, its on. It cant pop off unless it fails (unlikely)
- Pace of mind knowing you have a quality product
- Looks good :D

Disadvantages -

- Cost

Back