Gas Buidup In Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davelovesbeer

Reaction score
I have just finished setting up my new beer fridge - 4 tap font on top of a chesty, and when I pour a beer there is a buildup of gas when I open the tap. It kind of makes a 'pop' noise, and squirts a heap of foam when I open the tap. It pours fine if I just pour this into another glass and chuck it out.

Just wondering if this happens to anyone else, or even better if anyone knows how to fix.

The font is not (yet) flodded, and fitted with 4mm line. The temp, pressure etc seems to be OK. The same beer poured fine from my old fridge.

I had a similar problem with my taps. Turned out the temperature in the fridge had an increasing temperature gradient from the rear to the front, hence the beer just before the tap was at a higher temperature than that in the keg; thus the CO2 no longer being fully dissolved in the beer.

Fixed the problem by rigging up a little full duty hydroponics fan which now keeps the temperature throughout the fridge constant.

*edit* realised you said font. The problem will go away when you flood the font...

Latest posts

Back