Gas Bottle Or Mains Gas For Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bionic

Reaction score
Just something that I thought of while I was drinking a Homebrew and thinking about how much Gas AG brewers go through.
Have you guys thought of using the gas that you use for Hot water Services and Gas heaters. It mightn't be under as much presure but im sure you will be able to change the jets to allow more gas in just like when you convert a BBQ to run of mains gas... Might end up being cheaper than refilling your bottles ever 4 brews when using those huge nasa burners.

Bionic said:
Have you guys thought of using the gas that you use for Hot water Services and Gas heaters.
No choice at my place. All electric.
Gas goes past the end of the street but not up it :(

Doc

Yes Doc, same with Deborah Place.
Bl@*dy incredible that you can live in Sydney and still not have gas in the street :angry:

Does that NASA burner really only consume as much as your old 3 ring? DAMN!
Having seen Steve's pics, I find it amazing you don't suffer from scorching when you crank it up to get to the boil in such a short time.

Rgds,
Peter W
'Living in the house Doc rejected' :D

Actually it seems it use less gas.
Refilled the bottle three brews ago and when I lifted it back onto the BBQ it felt more than half full still.
I used to get 5 brews out of the 9kg bottle with my three ring burner so it is looking good for a few more than that.

As for scorching myself, it is only at full noise for about 10-15 mins to get a boil happening, then it is barely ticking over just to keep the boil happening.

Beers,
Doc

Back