Galena Hops Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

npenno

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been trying to find galena hops in Melbourne. Grain and Grape don't stock them and CraftBrewer are OOS.

Any body know where to get them?

Thanks,

Nick

If no one close has any - I can send you some.

Hi All,

I have been trying to find galena hops in Melbourne. Grain and Grape don't stock them and CraftBrewer are OOS.

Any body know where to get them?

Thanks,

Nick

Just ordered 2.5KG pellets from hopsdirect.com
(5KG order + shipping came to $140 AUD)

Just ordered 2.5KG pellets from hopsdirect.com
(5KG order + shipping came to $140 AUD)

Their Galena is nice. Has an aroma like the purple lollies in a Starburst packet. I've actually got a keg going ATM that has 20g of Galena in it dry-hopped :huh: People think "Corona" and immediately discredit the stuff. A SMaSH APA with it is really nice.

Galena is a great hop. :D

I needed some clear bottles and bought a six of Corona the other day. I made sure it was first beer of the day - and on opening the first bottle the hop aroma was definite, and very pleasant. After settling down for a couple more the bitterness is definitely there, and the flavour was light malt and extremely clean. Didn't mind them at all.

I think one reason Corona gets such a bad name is that it's perceived as totally wanky (agree), but mistakenly gets conflated with other New World beers such as Bud and the appalling Coors. Wrong. The Mexican brewing industry came from totally different roots and wasn't a cross-border colonisation exercise by the USA. Do a side by side with a Corona and a Coors and you'll get the difference straight away.

+1 with Nick, I got a pound from HD but only use it in my Malt Liquo' and at 15g per brew I've got surplus if anyone wants to send me a prepaid I'll shoot them 30g as a sampler (more than enough for 2 Coronoids)

Didn't mind them at all.

+1

I'm like this for nearly all the commercial beers I drink, too, even the "bad" ones.

Homebrewers are like women discussing their absent friend's arse in those jeans sometimes.

Homebrewers are like women discussing their absent friend's arse in those jeans sometimes.

Hell to the yes.... I've seen some drinkers lambasted for saying they like for example, Gage Roads Sleeping IPA.

Even I knew, when saying I liked Vale IPA on tap that "it wasn't a real IPA" as the prefix caveat.

Goomba

Does anybody know where you can get Galena Hops in NZ?

Hq, this store is the spot for hops in NZ, short of buying via nzhops.co.nz (mostly only domestic varieties there though). The store is in Auckland though so you might need to get them posted. When I was recently over I bought a truckload of hops from them, the guys buy in bulk and split the bags so you get very good prices. I came back to OZ with a suitcase smelling very fruity indeed B)

Brewers Co-op Auckland

Hopper.

Latest posts

Back