GABS Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jumped on the Season pass myself, figured only chance I have of getting through 250 beers.....

Going to the Saturday day sesh, can't wait. Had a look at the catalogue the other day and there are some awesome looking beers.

Last year was my first time and it lived up to the hype.

Especially excited about offerings from Sierra Nevada, Bacchus, Bridge Road and Mountain Goat.

Good times!

I'm definitely going, took my old man last year and he's raring to go again this year. Not bad for a bloke who used to think Carlton Mid was an alright drop.

I'm thinking of going Friday, love how quiet it is at that session. Also get a laugh out of the fact that taps 1-20 have big queues at the start, full of blokes who want to start at 1 and work through to the end. You'd reckon some of 'em would have thought to start at like 80 and wrap back around? :)

I have a heap of Merri Mashers business cards that arrived this week, would be good to get some out to MM members to hand around to anyone interested.

Sunday arvo. Had the ticket since they went on sale. Unfortunately too difficult to do the earlier sessions.

oops didnt realise this was a club thread, sorry

Sat arvo session.

You'll know me by the beige trenchcoat, dark sunglasses and purple magnolia in my hair.

Well looks like I might be pulling some taps on the Saturday evening sesh, then I'll be having a few swallies on the last Sunday session. Here's hoping there's still beer left (I may have to 'sample' some Saturday night).

BreadMurderer said:
Well looks like I might be pulling some taps on the Saturday evening sesh, then I'll be having a few swallies on the last Sunday session. Here's hoping there's still beer left (I may have to 'sample' some Saturday night).
Want to meet up on the Sunday?

Righto. GABS 2014.

The most popular "new world" craft beer styles (APA, AIPA) have taken a back seat to the swarming armies of the 'Belgians', Saisons and a hangover of Double Imperial Pale Ales.

The winner from me, from what I tasted, was; Stone & Wood "Stone Beer". Not a crazy GABS-only beer; Stone & Wood's seasonal 'Stone' beer holds hands equally with both roastiness with smoothness.

My 2c.
Nothing wrong with a well made APA.

Rookie mistake here, went pretty hard last night, on struggle street today with a season pass to go tonight and tomorrow....... I bailed on the tasting paddles after a bit, tasted a few styles to find out what I was into and went for glasses instead, presents much better value than the tasters.

Well last night was bloody good fun! Definitely would recommend volunteering, if I'm still here next year I'll be doing it again that's for sure. Now to enjoy it as a punter today. :D

Back