GABS 2015!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WarmerBeer said:
I dunno, I found it hard to find a beer I couldn't say "I'm glad I only got 85ml of that".

Avoid #81 :icon_vomit:
The dark sour (can't remember who made it), tasted like Chinese dumpling vinegar. Not good.

And while I'm at it too high ABVs across the board. There are only so many +8% beers you can have even in taster size!

Unfortunately the brewers take the inspiration of the event "brew something you would not normally brew" as brew some mega high ABV%, where as perhaps a typical IPA brewer could try a Berliner Weisse or a Belgian Golden Ale. Saw a few brewers on the list who appeared to do so, but most just shot for the stars.

The Smoked Bacon ale delivered on it's name, as did the smoked chilli IPA

Spiesy said:
Aah damn. Must have missed Stone, always a quality beer. Really enjoyed what was on offer from Hawkers as well. They're making some great beers.

The Exit Brewing IPA was also a winner. Those boys never fail to impress.
Yep, that one was fecking awesome!! So was a NZ RIS from funk estate, big and complex...

By the end of the day was suffering from taste fatigue.

I have to say, I enjoyed the kiwi section on the marketplace floor far more than the festival beers.

Went to Sydney GABS today, was sensational. Managed to try around 40 of the different festival beers.

There were only a few misses, and some really good hits, hardest part was deciding which ones to taste.

Latest posts

Back