• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS - Perth - 100L Brewery and SS Conical Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hop_it

Reaction score
I'm selling my 3 vessel 100L all grain brewing setup, and a 100L stainless steel conical fermenter. Located in southern suburbs of Perth (Cockburn area). Everything is in perfect working order, reason for sale is I am downgrading to a 20L grainfather (I now brew professionally, so I'm not so motivated to spend a day brewing on my weekend anymore...).

The 3v brewery
Pics:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zkjxx17n1x9z5zf/2017-03-29%2016.46.58.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7db34gqtzrwsqo8/2017-03-29%2016.47.14.jpg?dl=0

All vessels are quality thick base stainless steel
Hot liquor tank comes with sight glass, temp gauge and 3-piece ball valve
Mash tun is wrapped in nitrile insulation, has a temp gauge, a dome false floor (with quick disconnect for cleaning) and 3 piece ball valve, as well as a copper coil mounted on the lid for sparging
Kettle has a 3 piece ball valve
All on a 3 tier stainless steel stand, which is on castors for easy moving
Mounted and plumbed on the frame are 2 x pumps, and 2 x heat exchangers
Thermometer on the heat exchanger outlet
All vessels and the manifold on the frame are plumbed with stainless steel quick disconnect fittings
Comes with all the required silicone hoses (with the quick disconnect fittings on the hoses)
Hot liquor and kettle are both heated with 32 jet LPG mongolian burners that are mounted to the frame, comes with regulators and also plumbed with ball valves to regulate heat
Comes with 3 x 8.5kg LPG bottles
Also includes stainless steel mash paddle and timber dip stick for volume readings in mash and kettle
Almost everything is stainless steel (burners and gas plumbing is not) so it will last a lifetime

Everything you need to make about 80L of great quality wort.I'm happy to do a brew with the buyer to go through how to use the kit.

This cost well over $3000 in parts. I'm asking $1800.

100L Stainless Conical Fermenter with cooling jacket
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bds7k1zo6i5pchk/2017-03-29%2017.04.43.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdr4cxmsxd6pu3j/2017-03-29%2017.04.57.jpg?dl=0
100L capacity
1.5" tri clove outlets (dump and racking port)
Thermowell
1.5" and 3" ports on the lid (3" is great for dry hopping)
Handles up to about 0.5 bar to transfer under CO2
Has a cooling jacket (http://www.gotta-brew.com/products/conical-cooling-jacket.html) for maintaining temperature during ferment, and cooling at end of ferment. This can be used with either glycol or chilled water.
It is also well insulated

Cost $1200 new, asking $600

Reluctant sale as I put a lot of time and money into building the brewery, but I am not using it often enough to warrant keeping it. PM or post any questions.

Nice looking piece of kit.

Do you mind if I ask a question?

Why is the the stand tiered like a gravity feed system when you have pumps? Or did they come later?

Looks like a bargain for someone.

Wow looks good

Where do you brew professionally if you don't mind me asking ?

Always heard of jacketed cooling didn't realise they were so streamlined

Not far from me too but alas too pro for me I think

The 2o L output is my limit as well due to being married with kids

Far out, are there any brewers in Perth how is this not gawn? Hope you change your mind mate and keep it for a day that you can find more time :)

Where is that conical from if you don't mind? If in Melb it would likely already be mine :p

rude said:
Wow looks good

The 2o L output is my limit as well due to being married with kids
Funny, I expanded to a 130l rig for the same reasons.. Needed more bang for my buck out of a brewday, same time but greater output

Of of my league and price range, but jeez that's a nice bit of kit.

Hey guys,

Originally I was hoping to gravity feed, but it didn't work as well as I hoped. Wasn't enough pressure to get a good sparge rate, and recirc is much easier with a pump. The 2 pumps also allowed for the 2 stage heat exchanger which makes chilling to pitching temps a breeze. So in hind sight, I should have just built the frame on a single level.

I'm brewing at Homestead Brewery, out in the swan valley.

Yeah it seems a bit backwards reducing batch size to reduce brewing time - but I don't need the volume any more, I just want to do lots of little test batches. So I'm hoping the automation on the grainfather, and reduced clean up from a much smaller kit will knock a couple of hours off my brew day.

The fermenter is from keg king.

There are a few PM's about the fermeter, I'll reply to those after work

Hop it
Just kicking tyres at the moment but what is the gas consumption rate for a full brew?

And anyone interested in going 50/50 group buy?

I'm Cockburn as well seen a few sor have posted here..... maybe...

I'd say I probably go through a bottle in 2 to 3 brews. I have a bit of a rotation happening, fullest bottle on kettle, other on hot liquor (till it empties) and a full ready to go.

Out of interest how well did the cooling jacket work? Is it the same one as the link supplied? What else did you insulate fermenter with? Did you use glycol or chilled water could you lager or cold crash?

Yob said:
Funny, I expanded to a 130l rig for the same reasons.. Needed more bang for my buck out of a brewday, same time but greater output
130 L would take longer to boil longer to crush the grains

The big one for me is the money for equipment to handle the bigger volumes

I see where you are coming from though 1 brew day for 130l 5 or 6 cubes would be gold
but at that volume you would want to nail it

The cooling jacket worked really well. Maintained temps during ferment easily, and chilled down to with a couple of degrees of the cooling water. Not sure exactly how long it took to cool as I generally set it to chill in the morning as I went to work, was always chilled by the time I got home. Best of all it reduced the space required as it didn't need a big fridge around it.

Yes, the one in the link.

I made up a glycol system using an air con unit, but hadn't finished the project so it only had water in there. I set the chiller to 2 degrees, and I got the tank chilled to 5. Glycol or ice water or even using an icebank will get you down to or close to zero.

Im not sure what the insulation is called but it's the foil backed stuff from Clark rubber. I put the foil to the outside and it held up to some water exposure during cleaning.

Thanks very much for the reply much appreciated. Ive been looking for temp control options for some time. First time ive seen this product will try get hold of it. Cheers

One last question do you dou you have mulitiple jackets wrapped around fermenter? Or just the one plug lagging?

I just used one with the extension (from the same supplier). They were great at responding to questions, hit them up if you have any doubts but I definitely recommend their product

Ah Mandoon went there last year for father in laws 70th

Would'nt mind coming around for a brew day to watch it all happen but realise you are time poor & Im just
another tyre kicker but I"m always willing to learn if the chance comes up can even come with ingredients

You look really organised good area where have you"re rig nice and clean & ahh well organised

Good luck on the sale

Keep telling myself too big

Cheers Rude

Hi Rude,

Unfortunately you are right mate, always too busy to have people in during brew days. I do brewery tours every few months where I show you round the brewery while tasting all the beers, keep an eye Facebook as that's where we announce when the tours are scheduled.

Cheers,
Steve

Latest posts

Back