• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS: Melb: 70L all SS Mash Tun plus RIMS. Complete.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cocko

Oh Dear..
Reaction score
Ok Peeps,

I have for sale:

A 70L ALL stainless Mash Tun:

Ross' 70L pot + MM Therm, Stainless False Bottom - Hard plumbed via SS compression fittings, Adjustable height Beer Belly Return Dish + Fittings modifications - ie: Cam Locks so you can disconnect the return dish for cleaning and fittings so return hosing doesn't have to loop up into the air for no reason - Lid can close.

Has a warm and cosy neoprene [Wetsuit material] jacket - removable and really unnecessary with the rims but is included.

I have comfortably pushed about 18kg of grain through it.

RIMS Tube:

RIMS tube is a Still Dragon one AND with low density element, wired. Tri-Clover collapse for cleaning - A farking cool unit. Comes with thermowell that will take a ST1000 probe or similar perfectly!

Do you have an STC1000? - Step mashing is right here.

I am thinking $450 ono for the couple, it is a couple made in heaven:

Notes:

Never had a stuck Sparge.
Temp gain is about .7 - 1.5 deg a minute at full recirculation
Cleaning is so simple on the rims.
The efficiency on the MT is so good I don't even use grain any more - I just walk past it, click and say "GRAIN" and get 1.058 in to 80L. **

Is currently fitted with Cam Locks but am happy to change to Barbs if buyer prefers.

Pics then:

View attachment 76470

View attachment 76471

Inside MT WITHOUT Return dish:

View attachment 76472

View attachment 76475

AND with return dish, 2 pics to show adjustable height of dish:

HIGH:
View attachment 76473

LOW:
View attachment 76474

And The RIMS:

Complete:
View attachment 76476

Collapsed: - SOO easy to clean:
View attachment 76477

I think I am out of room for this pix for this post - If you need more info or pics, PM me.

$450 ONO - DO NOT Want to split, as they work well together but need to sell - so lets look at offers on both first.

**Not true.

Yob said:
About time you moved to HERMS ;)
Shouldn't you be on a trolley and knocked out about now? - If prior, all the best, hope it goes well. If post, all the best, mate. hope it went well! Sincerely.

I am selling a RIMS rig mate... nothing to do with HERMS.

:super:

Love that return dish.

When you say 'easy to clean' would you say that its the easiest rim you've ever cleaned? Please...say it...just once...

(This thread's gonna get bumped sooo many times)

I've a got a Tshirt that says

"I went to Cockos and helped clean his rim".

I havent really - but I do want one

Think about something else for a bit and then you'll remember. Works for me anyhoo...

Latest posts

Back