• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: 80l Stainless Kettle & High Pressure Lpg Regulator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencer

Reaction score
Hi All, I have two things for sale;

An 80L stainless kettle made from a converted keg. It has a hole cut in the top and a stainless nipple has been welded on to it with a 1/2" thread. It comes with a 1/2" stainless ball valve and a stainless pick up tube. Looking for $80.

Also, a Cigweld high pressure LPG regulator rated up to 85 psi that comes with 2m of quality high pressure hose. Looking for $50.

I'd prefer pick up (I'm in Lake Macquarie, near Newie), but I can freight them if you're happy to meet the cost.

I have some pictures I can email if you like. Any questions, please ask.

Spencer

Hi
Bit of a bump. These are still for sale. Anyone? Anyone?
S

love the kettle but freight would be a bitch to melbourne, sounds like a good deal to me!

Edit: oh just noticed, is the kettle still for sale or is it taken?

Yeah Quintrex, that was pretty much what Larry66 said....

PS is Larry66's little avatar picture-thingy a naked man pulling a mono on a motor bike that doesn't have a front wheel??? maybe I need a screen with a bit better resolution....

:icon_chickcheers: Spencer is the kettle still avaliable? ,what would freight be to Albany W.A.?
Phil

Hi All, I have two things for sale;

An 80L stainless kettle made from a converted keg. It has a hole cut in the top and a stainless nipple has been welded on to it with a 1/2" thread. It comes with a 1/2" stainless ball valve and a stainless pick up tube. Looking for $80.

Also, a Cigweld high pressure LPG regulator rated up to 85 psi that comes with 2m of quality high pressure hose. Looking for $50.

I'd prefer pick up (I'm in Lake Macquarie, near Newie), but I can freight them if you're happy to meet the cost.

I have some pictures I can email if you like. Any questions, please ask.

Spencer
What??? A Newcastle brewer leaving the hobby? Shame!

I'd say that if you get no reply to a pm, send an email to get Spencer's attention. He (she?) may not be checking AHB any more, and will miss all pm's.
FWIW...
Les

**Edit: If these are local products, I'd say that they are the same units that I have. They are great value and quality, as put together by the lhbs owner, who cares that people actually stay with the pastime, and believes in quality over price.
As the price is good, that makes these even better value!

What??? A Newcastle brewer leaving the hobby? Shame!

I'd say that if you get no reply to a pm, send an email to get Spencer's attention. He (she?) may not be checking AHB any more, and will miss all pm's.
FWIW...
Les

**Edit: If these are local products, I'd say that they are the same units that I have. They are great value and quality, as put together by the lhbs owner, who cares that people actually stay with the pastime, and believes in quality over price.
As the price is good, that makes these even better value!

Thanks Les, yeah thats what I thought as well....hopefully I'll hear back.

If not, which LHBS up that way puts these together? I'm up there regularly and is exactly what I am after...

Thanks Les, yeah thats what I thought as well....hopefully I'll hear back.

If not, which LHBS up that way puts these together? I'm up there regularly and is exactly what I am after...
MHB is the fella U should contact (shop phone number is 49696696). Not sure if he has any more kettles, as he bought a number of them as second-hand units and modded them to become kettles with tap, handles etc. I saw plenty of regs in the shop last time I was there.

If you're up this way, you might be able to visit Spencer, if you can get his address via email...

Hello I'm back......sorry to everyone who has posted and PM'd me. I've had a rough last week or so with my ISP (big 'effing' pond) and a 3 yo with a fractured leg. I'll reply to all the PM's in the next few hours or so.

PBL, the pot is too big to post through Aus post (according to their website). Larry66 checked out freight by some other means to Melbourne and found it to be too expensive, so I'd guess that to be the case also for WA.

Les, I'm not leaving, still brewing, just not going bigger. MHB is the craftsman who made (converted) the pot and yeah, good job. I was in his shop and picked the pot and reg up on impulse with the vague idea of upgrdading, but after a couple of months I've decided that I'm happy with what I've got.

Paddo, stick with me for just a little bit longer...sorry.

PS is Larry66's little avatar picture-thingy a naked man pulling a mono on a motor bike that doesn't have a front wheel??? maybe I need a screen with a bit better resolution....

sure is, and it is me back when i was a lad.... but the bike does have a front wheel so i guess its not such a silly thing to do.
GARETH_3.jpg

GARETH.jpg

Faaark Larry, looks like that endo may have squashed the 'boys' a bit??

Anyway, the kettle has been sold to Paddo. Still have the regulator if anyone is interested.

gee I'm dirty I missed this!!!

I was at Myuna Bay Sport and Rec for a school camp last week! Coulda packed the pot on the bus. A slight detour maybe, but things like that can happen when you are the boss!!

Ah well enjoy Paddo (but if it all falls through let me know ;-) )

Cheers
Bruce

Latest posts

Back